Part 18 - You've been played

MIA

My eyes are red raw from crying all night, I finally fell asleep about 3am but it wasn't long before I was awake again in tears. I checked my phone again and still nothing from Ethan. I've called and texted him so many times throughout the night but he hasn't replied even once. I scan through my messages to him, all the pleas to call me back and desperate begging for him to forgive me, that he's the one I want. That I couldn't leave Caleb because he was hurt but it didn't mean what he thought...that I think I'm falling in love with him, It's him I want not Caleb and I want us to work. It's the first time I've said anything like that to him, but I wanted to be honest. I've decided that if he doesn't reply soon I'm just going to head over to the house and find him.

Caleb is still in hospital, the Drs said it was nothing serious but as he has concussion he had to stay overnight so I know he won't be home until midday.

When I finally can't take it anymore, I get up and get dressed. I look like shit in just a t.shirt and jeans and pull my hair up into a messy bun, but todays not the day to waste time doing my makeup and hair to perfection. I'm about to swing open my door when my phone beeps and I quickly check its messages. I sigh when I see it's just from my friend Chloe...until I open the message and my heart literally stops.

'Wow, did you know Joanie and Ethan made out last night? Everyones talking about it!' There's a photo attached and I click on it to load and drop to my knees instantly. His arms are around her waist, her hands are in his hair and around his neck and they're passionately kissing. Tears start to stream down my face and I'm finding it hard to breathe. I drop my phone in horror and run my hands through my hair and over my face sobbing. The pain is overwhelming. Anger, anger suddenly courses through me. How could he do that to me, with Joanie of all people, has he fucked her?

Shit, I feel sick.

I pick up my phone and text him, my last text I'll ever send him I decide. I forward the photo on with just the words. 'You fucking disgust me.' Before throwing my phone away and crawling back into bed to cry more than I ever have before.

-----------------

It's really late in the afternoon when I slowly start to wake up. I must have cried myself to sleep. Someone stroking my hair gently makes me want to fall straight back into slumber, but I suddenly bolt up right to see who is touching me.

Caleb is sitting next to me on my bed with a sad and disappointed look on his face. He has a big bump and bruise on the side of his face and his lip is cut. I don't remember seeing those injuries last night when he was taken to hospital but to be honest the last 24hrs is a bit like a blur right now.

"Hey," he says gently.

"Hey," Is all I can whisper back. There's a long silence between us and overwhelming sadness hits me so hard that my eyes start to sting and fill with water.

"So you and Ethan huh?" Caleb quietly, this time he doesn't look at me and looks down playing with my bed covers.

"I'm so sorry. It started with a kiss and it just seemed to spiral so quickly. I thought he...I thought he really cared for me...i'm so fucking stupid to have fallen for it all." I begin to sob when the photo of my sister and Ethan flashes in my mind.

Caleb huffs out and runs a hand through his hair as if irritated. The action reminds so much of Ethan, he always did the same when he was annoyed with something and my heart winces..

"Have you slept together?" Caleb asks sternly.

"What?" I'm shocked by his direct question, it totally takes me off guard.

Caleb jumps up from the bed, I can see he's trying to keep his anger in check but he's struggling. "Have you fucked him Mia? Has he fucking touched you more than a kiss?!" He shouts this time and I can see that his eyes are starting too well with tears. I've really fucking hurt him.

"No," I whisper truthfully. The tears are now flowing thick and fast from my eyes and there's just no stopping them.

Caleb rubs his hand over his face then strides over to my bed and pulls me into a huge hug. I feel his tense shoulders sag as soon as he holds me and I can't help but cry into his chest. "I'm so sorry." I whisper. "It's over between us, he kissed Joanie last night, maybe even more with her." I choke out.

Caleb harshly pulls me out of the hug and holds me by both of my arms so he can look at my face. "It's not fucking you, it's that asshole. That's what he does Mia. He has to be the best at everything, get anything or anyone he wants and doesn't give a shit who he hurts along the way. Even if it's his own brother. He fucking went after to you to get to me. I don't think he's ever had feelings for you. He uses girls. I'm sorry Mia, but he played you."

My heart completely sinks at the words and I just break down crying.