Part 11 - First Kiss

ETHAN

The anger that is coursing through me is preventing me from even speaking right now, I'm ready to destroy Ant for touching Mia. I hate abusive men, particularly men that hurt women.

My hand is still entwined with Mia's as I guide her back to my house, she's quietly sobbed the whole way and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to say to her just yet once we get back. A lot has happened tonight, the fact that Caleb's has totally fabricated a relationship with the woman I'm in love with is one thing, but my main concern right now is making sure she is OK, everything else can wait.

We're about five minutes from my house when the heavens open and heavy rain pours down on us both, I take Mia under my arm to try and shelter her as we half run the last part home.

The kitchen lights are dimmed and the house is quiet when we finally make it back. Mia's dress has turned a little see through from the downpour and her black bra is now showing through the thin material, I quickly avert my eyes and let go of her hand before she catches me staring at her. I'm totally soaked through so I pull my drenched hoodie off and throw it to the floor leaving me in just a black fitted t.shirt and shorts. I look back at Mia and she is shaking, i'm not sure if it's from the cold or from what's happened with Ant, but my protective side kicks in again and I walk back over to her and start rubbing her arms to warm her up. "You OK?" I murmur.

Mia takes a big gulp and shakes her head, refusing to look up at me. I sigh and pull her into me, wrapping my arms around her waist and leaning my head on top of hers. I can feel Mia's hands resting on my chest and I can't help but close my eyes and relax now I have her safe in my arms.

"You were right, I can't handle myself." Mia sniffs.

"That guys a fucking pig Mia, it wasn't your fault what happened tonight. It was him, OK? That fucking guy would have acted that way with any girl at the party, you just caught his eye thats all." I counter back, there is no way this is her fault.

Mia pulls away to look at me. "How long were you at the party for, were you spying on me Maverick?"

Busted. I don't even try to deny it. Inwardly, however, I'm kicking myself that I missed what was happening with Ant when I got sucked into a conversation with some of my football team mates, I lost sight of her for just a few minutes before I spotted her getting pulled away from the party. "Long enough, plus someone had to keep an eye on you, you're such a fucking klutz I needed to make sure you didn't fall into the lake drunk." I smirk at her, trying to lighten the mood.

Mia giggles a little then rests her head back onto my chest and I instantly pull her back in. We never do this, hold each other and be so close, but right now there is nowhere I'd rather be than in this kitchen with Mia in my arms.

"Thank you." Mia whispers.

"Anytime." I whisper back and give out a big contented sigh.

After a few minutes I decided to break the silence, "It was nice to see you hanging out with your different mates for a change, not just being with Caleb all the time. I heard you got dared by them to get your 'first kiss out of the way', how did you get on? Did you find the lucky guy tonight?" I quiz, I'm trying to keep the conversation light and not show the green eyed monster that is really simmering.

Mia pulls fully back away from my hold to look me in the eye and arches an eyebrow at me suspiciously, "So you were spying on me!" She lightly bangs my chest playfully as to tell me off, but I can't help but smirk at her even more.

Mia rolls her eyes. "No, OK? The whole dare was a disaster. I tried talking to Bobby Foster who turns out to be..."

"Gay!" I butted in, trying not to laugh.