Part 30 - The Office

ETHAN

"So let me get this right, we're just going to rock up to the house, beat the shit out of him, trash his office and destroy his laptop. That's your plan?" Caleb says exasperatedly.

I raise an eyebrow at Caleb whilst looking at him in my rear view mirror. Caleb sat in the back of my car whilst Sammy sat next to me as I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, "Well yeah, do you have a better one?" I bite back.

"Well fuck Ethan, If I knew that was all you were gonna do i'd of taken my baseball bat to the place the day I found out. I thought you'd...well you know go in all 'Mission Impossible' style on this!" Caleb taunts and I can help but scoff.

"Well gee, sorry Caleb I seem to have left my ski mask, night vision goggles and grappling hook back in Boston." I sneer.

"I think it's best to check dad's hard drive on his main computer as well as taking his laptop, he might have back ups," Samuel adds and both me and Caleb look at each other surprised by Sammy's input before nodding in agreement.

Good fucking Idea Sammy! Shit, I should have thought of that!

To be honest my head is fucked right now. I know that my judgement is clouded at the minute, all I want is blood. I'm finding it hard to take everything in. Mia's finally mine and that son of bitch will pay for what he's done!

As I pull into the long tree lined driveway and see our house come into view my jaw naturally tightens and my knuckles turn white from gripping the steering wheel so hard. Anger starts flowing through every part of my body, i've no idea if the devil himself is home or not, adrenaline starts to kick in whilst my eyes frantically start searching for evidence that he's inside"

As if reading my mind Caleb pulls me from my thoughts, "He's not here, look his Bentleys gone."

"Fuck," I swear and whack my palms on the steering wheel in frustration. I'd built myself up to face him the whole drive up here. As I pull up and stop in front of the house I can't help but already feel deflated. I cover my hand over my face for a moment to get my shit together when Mia's beautiful tearstained face flashes in my mind. I'd promised her I'd sort this, that she didn't have to live in fear anymore and already I feel like I've let her down.

Caleb slaps me on the back making my eyes snap up to look at him.

"We've got this, OK? We've got your back." Caleb smiles encouragingly.

"I think it's better he's not here, we can take apart his office and get what we need from his computers before he has a chance to do anything with them. You can face dad another day, but right now getting that footage is all that matters right?" Sammy adds and me and Caleb grin at him.

"Shit Sammy, maybe you should be in charge of this mission," I laugh before scratching the back of my neck as my smile drops and I take a steady breath. I look at my two brothers with total appreciation, it helps me focus, they're here when I need them the most. No hesitation they have my back. Even after everything that's gone down with Caleb, he's come.

Failing is not an option when i've my brothers to back me up.

I loosen my tie and yank it off, "Well, let's do this then!" Caleb and Samuel nod before we all jump out of the car and head into the house.

--------------------

"OK password ideas...think, think, think guys! What would he use?" I say. I've been sitting at dad's desk in front of his computer for the last fifteen minutes tapping in random passwords with no luck.