Part 19 - It's always been you

ETHAN

"What the fuck did you say?! That's fucking bullshit Caleb! Get your fucking hands off her right now!" I seethe.

Brother or not, I'm struggling to hold back my fists from beating the shit out of him. I just caught all the lies he was spouting to Mia from her doorway and to say I'm a little pissed is an understatement!

Caleb lets go of Mia's arms and she sinks back onto the bed , he then stands in front of her, arms crossed, making it clear that i'm not welcome. Well fuck that, i'm not leaving.

"She doesn't want you here, fuck off." Caleb grits out, his voice laced with pure bitterness.

I walk forward unfazed by my little brother's antics and peer around him to check over Mia, my main concern is her right now after all the shit that's gone down in the last 24 hours. I've a lot to explain, I knew that when I sprinted over here to talk to her, I just didn't expect fucking Caleb to be here too.

Mia's eyes are red raw, her face is tear stained and blotchy, everything about her screams she's a total fucking mess and all the anger that was in me seconds ago changes to longing and concern for her in an instant and i'm desperate to pull her into my arms and hold her.

"Mia, please let me explain, don't believe a fucking word he's saying, I've never played you. I'm in love ..." I beg gently but Caleb snaps.

"I told you to FUCK OFF!" Caleb body slams me from out of no where like the fucking dirty little shit that he is and we both go flying onto the floor. Mia lets out a scream from somewhere behind me as Caleb and I start throwing punches and neither of us are holding back on the blows. Mia's small room is getting trashed by the tornado we're creating, but I can't seem to find it in me to stop the fight, it's been on the cards too long.

I'm just about to throw another blow when Mia's mum rushes through the door and starts to scream at us

"Boys, stop this! Stop this right now!" She shouts, but neither one of us wants to back down first.

Somehow we're back on our feet but the punches are coming thick and fast and we knock into Mia's desk and everything that was sitting on top of it goes flying making Mia's mum gasp.

Suddenly Samuel comes barrelling through into the room to break us apart.

"Cut this fucking out right now!" he yells before positioning himself to stand in between us. Both me and Caleb stand for a minute panting heavily, cuts and bruises are across both our faces and hands, we're still having a deadly stare off with each other and I'm happy to see that I got some decent hits in.

"What the hell is going on?" Mia's mum shouts.

I break eye contact with Caleb first and look around the trashed room, to Mia's mum, before I look over to Mia and shame hits me when I see her distraught face. I run a hand through my hair in frustration, how am I going to sort this mess out. Before I can think, Caleb tries to go for me again but Samual grabs him by the shirt and starts to push him out of the door.

"Just cool off Caleb, come on, get the fuck out." He mutters. No wonder Sammy is my favourite brother, we've got each other's backs.

Caleb goes to push him off, but the stern look Mia's mum gives him makes him stop in his tracks. Me and my brothers have a lot of love for Mia's mum, she's practically raised us over the last eight years, none of us would intentionally disrespect her.

Caleb throws Mia a quick look of sadness before begrudgingly allowing Sammy to show him out. I spot Joanie in the hallway and scurries off back to her room, thats right fucking running away. You know exactly what you've done!