一 FOUR 一

三 Meeting the immediate family of the original

She walks out of the building and wanders her eyes, the smell of flowers lingers in the air as she continued to walk with straight but soft steps. She almost stumbles after seeing a massive courtyard in the middle before being helped by XiXi who busied herself to her.

"Third miss are you alright?" XiXi was like a mother hen that continues to look at her chick's body from head to toe and after being reassured by her, they moved on.

She stumbles in fright after seeing the maids lining up on their tasks with coarse monochromatic grey clothes and a tall wall that separates the entire mansion on the bustling street outside. She could hear the vigorous shouts of women as they yelled for their famous food that has been passed down from their ancestors. The amount of buildings that they have to pass through before finally leaving to the main gate where the coachman is waiting.

It was real. She was indeed in another world; a dynasty she doesn't know if it was real or fictional; a place where she holds no memory of.

There was a middle-aged old man with a humble attitude talking to a middle-aged woman who have her brows lifted and her mouth in a sneer. Those slanted eyes of her met hers and she could only look down- she assumes that it was the Madam based on the look of her.

A woman with hair arranged into a married hairstyle decorated with lavish gold hairpins and hair ornaments that could blind one's eye. Her body was on the meaty side, plump and white that signifies rich livelihood; she reminds her of a rich woman who got herself a white face husband and a disastrous fashion style where she thinks the most expensive is what fits. Literally, the Madam of this mansion exudes money and arrogance that she could see it in a mile away.

"Miss, madam is looking at us" she heard XiXi's small voice behind her, she soon took notice of the death glare that the Madam was giving her.

She soon moved her feet with careful steps, her head bowed into submissiveness and as she gets near she performed a greeting. It seems like the original's movements and skills were memorized fully by this body; she need not worry if she was called out to perform one of the four arts then.

"Such young and tender skin, it seems like your sleep was long that you even forget about a very important event" she could hear the distaste that was seeping from her tone.

"Apologies mother, it would not happen again" she vomited out the word mother- one that she has never spoken of for years.

"Madam, our time is now halved, we must now leave or the Noble Consort Shu would think that the Prime Minister's house just preaches but not acts with decorum"

Another woman came but this time, her clothing is less expensive and showy than the other. She assumes that it was the Madam's personal maid- one that she has been with through her childhood after all the way she butts into the conversation of her masters was enough to get her a plank in her bottom.

"Let us leave, Nanny Xia, make sure that the third miss is taught the rules after this event"

In the corner of her eyes, XiXi was about to open her lips but she shook her head softly. The original's body could not withstand the cold and the ever-changing weather and thus suffer from fever the day before the event was announced.

"This servant obeys Madam" Nanny Xia bowed down and with a twinkle of her eyes looks at me and turn her head away. Xia MoMo didn't know that her small upturned lips were seen by the observant Meng Jia Yi and continued to make her merry way to her master.

Both Master and servant hated the origins and now that she's on her body, it was sure inconvenient to be hated and given a bad impression after she arrives. Being hated was natural after all her blood relatives have been wanting to suck out all her blood and sweat earned money and even pushing her to marry a widower based on the money he offered to them.

She of course ran away and thus received the hate and accusations of being unfilial even though her so-called parents have never raised her.

Soon a servant boy bowed his body to the ground till it reaches her legs, she was quite uncomfortable but swallowed it down before stepping into his back. Eyes looking forward she enters the carriage followed by XiXi and soon the carriage doors have been shut.

The curtains were not opened, no matter how much she wanted to open the door she could not for a lady of her standing not to show her face into the streets.

"Mother seems to be in a bad mood, is something the matter?" XiXi looked up and was startled, her Miss is not a talkative person and only talks at small speeches. She has always assumed her role of being quiet that even the Master has forgotten her at times.

"Master stayed in the night at Concubine Ban to check on Third young master Meng Jia Rui. But Miss, Concubine Ban has told you not to worry and to go to the palace in peace"

She nodded her head in understanding and drew some information that she gathered from XiXi's words. Concubine Ban is close to her so she could be her biological mother; they are in a good relationship for her to tell her not to worry much and expected that she could live without worries in the inner mansion; third young master could be her brother and is valued by the original's father.

She closed her eyes and tried to calm her aching brain, it was too painful for both her mind and her still unwell body to think and do too much. Might as well nourish this body well after all she doesn't want to experience death again.

It was cold and painful. Her memories could be brought out in the light, regrets piled into her bones and she wanted for a second to live again.

Notes:

• White face, usually means a man who relies on a woman for financial support in a relationship.
Nanny are those who are women who breastfeed infants of nobility and is sometimes much closer than the mother of those infants itself.

***
Third chapter! Hope you like this chapter!

So young unmarried ladies are not supported to show their face on the streets even if they are commoners, it's just bringing trouble to you. I don't know if there's still any leisure activities that women have in the ancient times and if they do it must be on confined places. What would you do if you become a woman in ancient times or a man? Comment down below!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!