- SEVENTY - SEVEN -

七十七 Business matters

General Bilguun walked with long strides with Prince Arban in front, it was time for them to deal with the remaining people of their tribes who wanted to gain peace with the Hans. Princess Mahide was about to be a part of the imperial harem and there are factions from Prince Arban's side that do not want to see it happening.

The Mongols will continue to conquer the lands that were rightfully theirs!

"Will the young master agree?" Prince Arban inquires to his trusted confidante, General Bilguun as they strode to the residence of Fe Jun Feng.

"He will your highness, was stated in one of our agreements" General Bilguun hopes to have their land taken from the hands of the Hans, it has been years after their defeat and now that a prince suggested himself to them they would take advantage of it.

Both the two knew that even if they cooperated with Fe Jun Feng there is undoubtedly no secret of his ethnicity— a Han. No soldier does not love his motherland, what more is an ambitious prince who has the power and wits to win one country.

Soon, they reached their destination, Eunuch Sun greeted them warmly.

"Greetings to His highness Prince Arban and General Bilguun. Young master is waiting for you" he then lead the two to the study of Fe Jun Feng and closed the door for them to be alone.

The furnishings inside shows a combination of Han furniture and Mongol silks. As the sun gently shed light on the man sitting in the center of the room, one cannot help but be transfixed for a second; his sharp keen sense made him promptly aware of the two figures in front of him.

"Your highness, General"

"Young master"

The two sides greeted, they have been with each other for quite a few years and there is only such a simple greeting between the two. Soon, they sat on each of their responding seats and went straight to the point.

"Young master must be aware of the recent events in the Han kingdom" General Bilguun started, he was one of the head generals that lead soldiers in overtaking their lands from their captors.

"I am indeed aware of it general" Fe Jun Feng acquised. "It seems that my brother wanted to keep the peace for so long. But he may not understand that the people below him are already dissatisfied with his authoritative control and his dismissal of the common people's plea"

Prince Arban was surprised to hear the words coming out of the man in front of him, even the little details have been given much thought. Only he thinks of the bigger picture, not the little parts that bind it and now learned another new thing from the young master.

"Young master is wise, but the common people cannot make waves with how powerful the imperial family is" Prince Arban was waiting for his answer to a concern that could potentially halt their actions.

Fe Jun Feng looked at Prince Arban, his mixed features between Mongol and Han made him more oriental; his face still carries the fiery youth that acts without much thought yet as a prince, he carries a wisdom that only those who have suffered and have responsibility only have.

"Your highness's concern is valid, it is indeed too unfathomable how the common people could attack the imperial power that has been rooted for years. But do not ever underestimate an enemy, no matter how small or weak they are, once they are combined with other forces they would become bigger and stronger"

Fu Jun Feng leaned with his palm under his chin, General Bilguun decoding the meaning behind his every word and the young prince looking at him with bright, enthusiastic eyes.

"A boat can only be carried by a wave, as such the imperial family can only be built through the blood and sweat of these common people"

...

Meng Jia Yi looked interestingly at the sour expression of Ruo Fen contrasting highly with the enthusiastic movements of Chen Zuo. She fiddles with the teacup that was served by her, especially by the promiscuous Young Master Chen and revels in it.

The followers of Young Master Chen were enjoying the envious looks of the followers of Young Master Ruo and bask in their coveting pair of hands and eyes. Each of them holding the dictionary that Meng Jia Yi made a few weeks ago; smoothing out the pages carefully like a pious devotee.

"Apple"

"Ship"

"Pepper"

With such rustic, earthy tones, they all yell out indescribable words from the English language. All have been showing off continuously, pointing out things they see on the table and then looking it up from the dictionary in their hands before yelling its English counterpart.

Meng Jia Yi purses her lips to repress herself from laughing out loud; now looking at the grieving looks being thrown at Young Master Ruo and even himself bearing that makes her heart dance in happiness.

"Oh, Miss Nabi, you truly are the wisest woman out of all the lands! Even a tip of your finger wouldn't be as good as us common folks!"

"That's right! Miss Nabi is such a good seedling! Scholars alike would have been ashamed to be in your presence!"

"It is our honor that Miss Nabi meets our Young Master Ruo! Such great camaraderie!"

CiXi looked at the people spreading flowery words towards her miss and laughed in schadenfreude. Eyes curved like the half-moon before it widens like a full moon seeing her miss wink at her.

It's time for her to act!

"Our miss is too weak! After burning her days working on this plan our miss begins to have a headache and couldn't stand reading too many words!"

Meng Jia Yi on the other hand acted like a weak, trembling willow branch and held her forehead; brows frowning in pain with her lips pursed enduring the laughter from getting out.

Young Master Ruo seems to have gotten the sign from their actions and began to order his subordinates to buy precious medicines and supplements.

"There is no need for that Young Master Ruo" Meng Jia Yi politely declined.

Ruo Fen knew that he was rejected but he still thicken his face while ignoring the look of schadenfreude from Chen Zuo.

"Miss Nabi, it is this foolish young man that has recognized his mistake. Will Miss Nabi extend another chance for this Young man?"

Looking at how enthusiastic he was extending an olive branch, she finally agrees.

"Alright, it seems like Young Master Ruo recognized his mistake and will trust this low lady from now on"

"No, no, it is our honor to have Miss Nabi become our partner. If Miss Nabi has a new plan this Young man will supplement the fund-"

"Hey! You stinky gourd! How dare you take over our partnership! It is I and Miss Nabi that have identified the next plan!"

Chen Zuo knew the importance of new inventions and after summarizing the pros and cons, he has finally admitted himself to becoming a partner of Miss Nabi.

If he had known that this stinky gourd would pry his corner then he would have never allowed him to enter this place again!

Seeing the two men arguing, Meng Jia Yi finally relieved a sigh after seeing her successful baiting.

Notes:

• To extend an olive branch is to make an offer of peace or to approach a foe in the spirit of conciliation.
Pry one's corner means digging someone out and making that person be their confidant/ betraying someone.

***
Chapter 77 is up!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!