一 THIRTEENTH 一

十三 Taking action; her & him

The ledger was thrown to the court and the earlier noises decreased till it settles down into silence, a pin drop could be heard as the sweat of those who were accused wiped it abruptly. Their hearts were already in a storm as their mind gallops into solutions and excuses they could gather but found none of it when facing the majestic son of heaven.

Eyes that could see one's treachery and cunningness, lips pressed into a thin line making his whole face much solemn with the matter of corruption erupting his wrath.

"Tu Yi Guan"

His voice was commanding and the hearts of the people accused finally couldn't help but tighten their faces to stop themselves from crying. Even if they beg for forgiveness or for the injustice they still wouldn't be exempted from torture.

"This humble official is present" the man not older than 30 arrived with his back bent, eyes lowered into a humble position as he stand in front of the Emperor.

"Have those accused spills out everything"

With that said the case has been already stamped, those who were accused and have a great relationship with those that were accused could only divert their eyes away from their desolate figures.

"This humble official begs the emperor! This humble official was just schemed, it was the second prince that ordered this official!"

"This son-official is not guilty! Pleading the Emperor to give justice to this son-official!"

The robes of the Second prince flung as he kneeled to his father emperor, hands cupped as he begs to give justice. His back was lean and straight with no guilt nor fear showing on his face.

The second prince, Fu Jun Zhong wished to burn and scattered the bones of this man that unjustly throw the dirty water to him.

The guards took the official who has tears streaming down his face and was screaming like a pig for his life. They knew the outcome of this official- whether guilty or not, the fight between the crown would still affect them, officials, whether they liked it or not.

"The second prince as well as the other princes will be exempt from this case, Tu Yi Guan would be handling this case. Court dismissed"

The head eunuch assisted the slightly ailing Emperor and along with the maids following a train with the Emperor in the front. The court officials regain their voices and started voicing out their opinions and anger at the corrupt officials that were finally taken out.

"Minister Tu, wait for this Minister!"

Tu Yi Guan, the newly promoted Minister of Justice send out the worried officials of relation to the accused and was about to leave the court when he was called.

"What is the matter Minister Sima?" His voice was plain without undulating tones, his clear pair of eyes showed no sign of annoyance after being stopped.

"The Minister of War is surely a man of justice, aren't you? This Minister bears witness that the Second prince was not an accomplice nor ordered that evil scheming official to steal the people's wealth"

Tu Yi Guan could only look at the clear anger and the imposing burly figure of the Minister of War. It was a foolish thing to come to his side and say those empty words, nonetheless one would keep this loyal friend of the Second prince- only if that was the case.

There is no friendship nor true loyalty in the palace- it is a place where only those who are cunning and devoid of emotions thrive.

"If the second prince is innocent then it will show, Minister Sima should not worry about this"