一 EIGHTEENTH 一

十八 The scheme of Meng Jia Yue

All of the family members of the Meng Clan from the Prime Minister's side arrived in the main hall. The Meng Matriarch was already seated, looking below them in a reproaching way that made the back of their heads tingle in coldness. After the death of the patriarch, it was the Matriarch of the Meng clan that overrules the three clans, and although the two main clans, her other two sons, have left on their own and craved their new paths in the trading world. They still come back every New year to celebrate it with the clan and that was the only time that the Matriarch that was always residing in the Zhang province will come.

"This unfilial son greets Mother" Meng Qing Ruo greeted her which she coldly dismissed.

"You still know yourself"

The others were still in the position of bowing, she neither said anything to release them from that state. Just looking at the banshee like a woman that she married to her official son, the son she's most proud of, and his cousin that she held dear in her heart.

Of course, it was because she too was once a concubine that rose into the legal wife position after the main wife of the Meng clan died of childbirth along with the child.

"Have you still got face to see me with this trouble you've all caused! I have no more face to go back to the Zhang province!"

She heaved deeply, disgust and anger rolling off her veins as she met eyes with the unresolved Sima Gou Yin. If it weren't for her natal family she wouldn't choose this two-faced woman, acting like a virtuous one when their families met and then stabbing her back in the end.

The sandalwood beads in her hands moved back and forth as she calms her raging heart, there is still Chu Meilin, the relative that knew when to step back and was clever enough for her son.

"Rise!"

The family sat down on their designated seats, Meng Jia Yi watched the old woman, the matriarch of the Meng clan and is also the original's grandmother.

Imposing, that's what she can describe from the moment she step into this hall. Now that everyone is seated it felt suffocating somehow that even the somewhat naive Meng Jia Rui quieted down.

"Explain the ruckus that you, the main wife couldn't even wait for until the guests leave" her tone was sharp, piercing the now pig liver shade face of Madam Sima.

"Mother it was that vi- it was the second miss that dared to seduce Young Master He!"

"Seduce? Heh, it seems like Madam Sima loves to quibble, bring the eldest miss here"

Matriarch Meng was also disappointed at this granddaughter of hers, plain and with a vicious heart, she will strike anyone that goes on her way. Nowhere as beautiful as the other two shu born daughters as well as with it their virtues and womanly ideals.

She was nowhere a lady.

"Grandma I... It was with my own two eyes that Meng Jia Yue seduced my fiance! She has those scheming eyes and her foot injury is just one of her schemes to seduce Young master He!" She screams out loud in grievance and hatred, the accumulating sanity in her head ran amock after being stimulated.

Meng Jia Yi can only pity her in the side, she was used as a gunman, to elevate the virtuous and talented Meng Jia Yue. Even if Meng Jia Min knew just with her impulsive nature she would make her teammates choke in blood for having her as a pig teammate.

"Presumptuous! Do you even hear yourself? Accusations and no evidence! Young master, He even gave me an apology both to our family and to you for that accident!"