一 TWELVE 一

九 Facing the reality from this fictional world

An assassin. Hiding in her room. Holding her hostage.

Meng Jia Yi was quite amazed at herself for looking quite calm at this dangerous situation; just ignoring the thin innerwear that has now been soaked in her cold sweat and the furious beating of her heart one would even think she was brave.

The lights flickered back and forth, their shadow merging into one and a serene picture could be pointed towards them. While clamor's of men and shrieks of frightened maids echoed against the thin wooden lattice doors, they remained passive.

Thump.

His body slumped on the floor as he gritted his teeth, enduring the pain that has accompanied him for years. His slim bony fingers moved in such great memorization that he could even do it with his mind dizzy from the pain.

The bandages were cleaned up, soaked in another medicine that he got from his courtier to mask away from the scent of something heavy specifically blood. All the bandages that he ripped from his clothes were clear cut from his dagger.

"Clean the blood trails"

It took him so much restraint to not groan in pain after saying those words. His brows were stained in suffering but there were no emotions in his eyes. It was clear as water.

Meng Jia Yi's mind flashed as soon as he saw him in a weaker position but then acted none to it.

His eyes were sharp and with just a single change of her breath, he could hear it from a mile away.

So she moved as if she was staring at a predator, waiting for it to spring to her side and but into her throat as she wiped the blood of trails he left from his escape.

Fu Jun Fen scrutinize the room, it was simpler and there were no corners to hide from but it was the room for an unmarried lady.

"What are you doing?! This is my Lady's room! She's sleeping!"

Meng Jia Yi heard the frantic tone from XiXi, she could guess the intention behind these guards moving toward every corner of the temple.

"There is an assassin, if your lady is innocent then there is no reason for her to let us leave" the guards strode to the doors and were about to open them when the head monk entered.

"Benefactors can search the temple but not the abode of a young unmarried lady. If you wish so then have the maid attending to the miss to search while benefactors wait outside"

His voice was as clear as the water spring, XiXi's rapid heartbeat settled down, and the earlier murderous air collapsed. The guards still respect the head monk after all their temple was under the Empress dowager's wings.

"Then this slave will search my miss' room!" XiXi says before the guards could refuse and go inside her miss' room.

Meanwhile, two figures were huddled up in the small bed, their breath intermingling with one another. Her body couldn't help but attract the unnatural heat that came out of the suspected assassin; her hair was dotted in sweat as she calms her quick beating heart.

Fu Jun Fen smells the sweet fragrance that came out of a lady, unique and something personal that only she could hold. Her hair sticks to her arm making him feel itchy; short gasps of breath come off his as the girl's body in front of him shivered in goosebumps.

It was such an ambiguous position, one that could land them in a reputation of being vulgar to the masses. Only marriage could save their faces and their family's reputation but there is none of that in their kind.