一 FIVE 一

五 The Imperial Noble Consort and the flower viewing

As the carriage moves to its certain destination, there was nothing more uncomfortable than to sit still with your legs close to each other and are in that position with the carriage loving due to the road.

She could hear the horses neighed and gallop, the cicadas chirping from the background, and the bustling noises from outside that made her heart itch in curiosity.

"XiXi, get me that book"

XiXi turned around and took the book from the small compartment that was built inside the carriage. Placed ok the small circular table with a cup of tea simmering down from the side, Meng Jia Yi grasped the book in her hands; her eyes gleam before calmly taking a piece of osmanthus pastry in her mouth that burst into mellow sweetness.

The book is about this kingdom's dynasty as per the date that was scribbled into the side of the title. She needs to gather more information to solidify her knowledge of this unknown dynasty.

Fu Dynasty. There was none in the real world; in her mind, she felt like she have heard of this uncommon dynasty but she doesn't know where. She was sure that it was fictional; a man-made world then it is but who's?

The book consists of the achievements that the current Emperor made; the majesty and prosperity that the son of heaven brought to the world. She snorted inwardly, this book though has given her some insights into the new dynasty that she's currently living in it was all rainbow farts that the author did.

She knew how Emperors albeit their words of treating the people as his children were all nothing but lies. The real Emperors that truly did live in the real world would not have a familial relationship or have that deep bonded connection with their son. She knew first-class the cruelty of the palace; the imperial power that once consumed would be greedy for a lifetime- in short, she wants nothing of it.

The only thing she liked about this dynasty is that women can remarry and there are also female officials though not many but they are still present. There is also not much strict distinction between unmarried men and women- no need to lift a screen in a royal or informal banquet.

"Miss we are here"

Meng Jia Yi didn't notice that the carriage has stopped and had formally entered the gates; immersed with the information that she accumulated in the journey her mind momentarily forgot her trip to the palace.

XiXi held her hand as she bowed down to get out of the carriage and although she longed to stretch her sore legs she doesn't want to be nitpicked by the womenfolk for being unladylike.

Her eyes met with a red lacquer palace the size of a three-story building with golden balls lined up in rows. A pair of stone lions crouched on the sidelines to ward off evil. Soldiers mobilized the ground and some eunuchs and maids were sent to lead the womenfolk to the palace of Imperial Noble Consort Shu.

She didn't get to see the two elder sisters of the original and was put to another carriage by a MaMa while XiXi walks with her to the palace.

It didn't take her too long to leave the small carriage and see the magnificent palace of the emperor's beloved concubine. True to her thoughts it was lavish with the numerous pavilions and the large expanse of space where gardens blooming with a variety of flowers blooming perfectly in the spring lulls us into a sense of security. One may not be too focused on the materialistic and lavish lifestyle of the imperial family for these ornaments and palaces were built with the common people's money and the blood of their enemies.

"Third sister are you so interested in the palace that you don't even greet me, this di eldest sister of yours?"

Meng Jia Yi was startled to see a woman with such plain features but was covered in jewels and make-up that does not conform to her face. With the familiar slanted eyes and the words, she stated she already learned who this person is.