- SIXTY- FOUR -

六十四 The downfall of Meng's

Meng clan was abolished.

The first clan to bear the brunt of the continued forces of the First Prince and Second prince was the Meng Clan. In just a day, it was reduced to nothing but bones while slapping the public with the crimes that the Prime Minister did along with the 'crime' of rebelling against the Emperor.

Married women from the Meng clan were not dug out and were left, only those of male descent were cut off. Meng Jia Min was fortunate enough to be put into solitary arrest in one of the private residencies of the Sima clan followed by Sima Guoyi and Meng Jia Dong escaping the clan with the help of their maternal clan.

Unfortunately, Chu Meilin, the beloved concubine of Meng Qing Rui was also caught in a scandal of being promiscuous on the grounds of seducing soldiers as they stated.

"The Meng clan suffered so badly! We're there even descendants left for them?"

"Sima clan is too much!"

"Did you see? Even the servants and pets of the Meng clan were killed. Only married ones were left"

"They say that the mother of the third prince's wife sacrificed to help her husband escape. Unfortunately, the Prime Minister was still killed on sight"

Sighs befall the remaining people hiding in the capital, those noblemen that heard the entire destruction of the Meng clan trembled in their boots and hurriedly cooperated with the First and Second Prince's faction.

Meanwhile, in the Zhang province was a woman screaming like a banshee, losing all of her decorum as she struggles with the able-bodied female servants.

Being thrown to the ground didn't make her aware of her sanity, she pushed back and deeply injured the eyes of the servants with a grip of sand flying on their faces.

"Take her down!"

A familiar man ordered, his eyes cruel as he watch the servants beating the woman into a pulp. He was the head of the He clan, Governor of Zhang province and the father of He Lu Feng.

"I have the child of your clan! I am still the daughter of the Meng Clan! I am a Prime Minister's daughter!" The woman yelled, eyes bloodshot with wounds seeping out on every part of her body.

The woman being beaten was the daughter of the deceased Prime Minister Meng, the child of the promiscuous labeled Chu Meilin as well as the wife of He Lu Feng.

"Heh! You call yourself a noble?! Your clan is nothing but a pile of bones! That child of yours bears bad luck and is not a part of our He clan!" A middle-aged woman spits out coldly, eyes cold without a hint of empathy as she orders her servants. "Drag this woman out of our mansion! Never let her step in, if she did... kill on sight!"

The chill in her eyes made Meng Joa Yue's heart tremble, bruises upon bruises marked her body as she held her bulging stomach with limping legs.

"Husband..." She pleaded out, eyes brewing with tears as she looked at the man she gave her whole life to.

"Vicious woman! Stay away from our He clan!" The man, He Lu Feng, yelled as she flinched seeing the cruelness of the man she loves.

If it was in the past, a single tear would arouse his pity and held her in his palm; the child that was the crystallization of their love— all of it turned to dust when the rebellion started and the demise of the Meng clan began.

A divorce.
A sickened look.
A cruel parting.

"I will let you all pay for this!"

A look of hatred mixed with forbearance was the last thing the He clan see before the woman they pushed out of their residence left.  

...

Meng Qing Ruo's legal wife, Sima Guo Yin was now living in the secured residence of her brother, Sima Guo Ting, Minister of war. Along with her daughter and son, they will stay in this place and wait till the successful upheaval of the throne for the Second prince commences.

As a woman, her heart pained seeing the death of her husband but knowing that the vixen Chu Meilin stayed with him enrages her. If that stupid man, Meng Qing Ruo just have her in his heart then this tragedy wouldn't have befallen him.

It was his foolish decisions that lead him to this doomed fate.

"Mother, will Uncle win?" Meng Jia Dong cautiously asked, he was taken from the academy a day before the rebellion happened.

"He must" she answered, eyes glinting into the darkness.

Xia MoMo brought back food along with news, the two factions were still in a cooperative status but it won't be long before they deal with each other.

"We must have plans if there is a slight mishap in our belief"

Sima Guo Yin emerges to be a shrewd, calculating person but was overshadowed by her affection and jealousy over her husband's concubines.

Turning to her right, she sees a young woman facing the window with a gloomy look on her face; pale and withered, not even a sign of liveliness and arrogance comes up in her eyes. Resisting her irritability, she spoke of her plans to her son whom she trusted her life with.

Meng Jia Min, the woman described to be shrouded in darkness by her mother, watched the turmoil left by the rebellion.

Outside, she was responding expressionlessly to the chaos in the capital but inside, she felt that victory was at the tips of her hands.

Her useless, biased father and his vixen of a concubine were killed by the rebellious soldiers; perhaps Meng Jia Yue the daughter of the deceased vixen must be in shambles right now.

Those eyes glinted from afar as she decided to ally herself with whomever the winner would be; in the corner of her eyes was her wan who gave birth to her and is now relying on her life on her foolish, incompetent brother.

'Before, you all threw me like a rag doll on a backward province; today, I will also let you undergo what I have suffered' she said to herself, a smile of cruelty left on her lips.

***
Chapter 64 is up!

We saw the events that transpired between the Meng, the once supreme Prime Minister's home only to be abolished in the rebellion.

Meng Jia Yue is pregnant and was kicked out of the He clan to avoid being with the same relatives as the rebellious Prince. Sima Gou Yin and her children were brought back with the help of her brother but would it last?

What would happen to the remaining Meng's? Would they thrive or even rush to their death?

Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!