- FIFTY- FOUR -

五十四 The downfall of the first prince

An old man was seen opening his business before taking a step back in puzzlement, papers spread around the street as if they were rain falling on the ground. With his aged vision, he has only seen a black figure before it faded away; his arm stretched back down, skimmed his way through the paper, and almost fell on the ground.

"What are you doing on the ground? Get up!" Another old man pulled him up but he screams at the paper on him.

"A man! A man spreads this paper! We're gonna get killed!" He screams, fear lacing his tone as he looked back and forth.

"Laotzu, you have become foolish again," the man said out of contempt, he then take out the paper on the ground.

Eyes bulging out of his eyes, he also fell on the ground as he yelled to the people swarming into the streets in panic.

"It's not us! A man in black he... he was the one that spread it in the streets!"

Soon, the entire street felt as if their heads were drained in cold water and needles sticking through them. It wasn't just this street, a lot of streets in the capital, no matter how far they are have also received numerous papers spread on the ground, glued on the walls.

Hundreds of papers detailing the massacre of the Xian tribe, the tribe that the first prince managed when he was in his early years. A tribe that has succumbed its way to the rule of the Fu imperial family without shedding blood- until it was proven wrong.

Documents listing out the perpetrators, the crimes that the innocent people have suffered during the reign of the first prince. Hundreds of women were assaulted by soldiers taken as their venting tools, able-bodied men taken as slaves, and even creating an arena for a fight to the death. The unfortunate ones, children and elderlies were not spared and were killed in cold-blooded ways.

Scholars, generals, and court officials along with Yamen have their doors almost causing a stampede; dozens of bystanders fell into outrage for the slaughter of the innocents that could have been handled well. The Xian tribe on the other hand was indignant of their sufferings, beat their drums to the officials presiding justice creating a shocking sight for the official's insight.

"Hear our cry!"

"Hear the injustice we suffer!"

"Hear the deaths of our people!"

At the morning court, the Emperor grew furious at the events that has transpired in the dawn. Several ministers bowed down, asking for the emperor to investigate the first prince's crime of massacring the Xian tribe.

"See what a good deed you've done?!" A scroll fell on the first prince's side, lowered to the ground to take it and saw the numerous evidence that was inside the content.

"This one has been framed! Asking for his majesty for a chance to re-investigate!"

The first prince's eyes reddened, his nerves tightened as he knocked his forehead and soon, bleeding was formed. Amidst the cries of injustice, the Emperor looked to his son in dissatisfaction, no longer the crafty official that he let others think he is to be.

Fu Jun Long's heart trembled in both fear and hostility, the person that made this must have been seeking death! Now, he can only plead for injustice in front of the court, those officials that have once curried favor to him backed down in asking for an investigation and sided with the absurd officials that filed this crime.

"Father Emperor! This son-official has been wronged! Requesting for an investigation to be held to clear the crimes that this son did not do!"

"You- Not even a repentance!"