- SEVENTY- THREE -

Sorry for not updating, thesis had me banging my head into the wall just kidding! But it's near to that point so yeah, have a joyful reading!

七十三 Nabi has descended

In a box, dozens of unruly rich young masters were seated on a circular wooden table with a person in the middle. A woman explains the rules of the games, her bamboo-colored satin sleeves flash like dancing ribbons as she picks up small pieces of sculpted avatars. Each with its characteristics around them allowing others to see how unique it was.

Several young masters looked at the person in front of them, her voice was ethereal and lulls them more into listening to her voice. As she explains the rule of the board game, those young masters which have seen the greatness of the mountains and rivers have their eyes enlarged in amazement. Curiosity peaked their senses as they leaned much closer to the wondrous board, something that they haven't seen before in their lives.

"Snakes and ladders? How amusing!"

"I've never seen this game before!"

"Hahaha! This young master would allow you to use this game first— no one has ever played this before!" The owner of the board game, the one that specially ordered Meng Jia Yi to create a unique game boasted to his friends.

He was Chen Zuo, a young master with the background of having a family that mines jewels. He was a frequent visitor of the land of smoke and flowers, a typical white silk trouser with peach blossom eyes that always court women from falling under his sweet, honeyed words.

Chen Zuo is also a man that lives in conquest, he doesn't want a woman that could easily fall for his charm but a woman that could pique his interest.

And that person has become her and Yang Xie.

They were the only two women that has yet to fall under his charms, both exhibiting different ways of refusing their visitors with her making him interested with her brains, and Yang Xie with her talents.

"Nabi is truly a genius! A pity that you are not a man or else you'll be my brother" with another curve of his lips and as he scoots closer to her till his face reflects only him in her vision, he continues. "But you could be my woman"

Laughter and whistles blew from his other rich, useless friends and Meng Jia Yi simply smiled at him. That smile made Chen Zuo unable to extricate himself from her face and was further laughed at by his friends.

"So, what do you think?" He charismatically leaned closer to her, his fingers lifting her chin as those peach blossom eyes gleamed in brilliance.

She laughed, her head tilting back to avoid his fingers, and looked at him as if he was just a little boy. Someone without experience in the matters of love and she, someone that has experienced all types of romantic debts. 

Chen Zuo was once more frustrated yet his egoistical self burned in inferno— he will not give her up and her refusal made him long for her even more.

"Nabi, ah, you are too cruel" he wistfully smiles.

"Young master, are you hurt? Do you want me to patch your wounded heart?" She coyly responded, lips curling into sweetness.

Chen Zuo laughed in between sighs, he knew that the quest facing him is something that could never be achieved the way he successfully made those other women fall for him.

She, Nabi, was different.

There was an arrogance and nobility in her bones that no Yiji could ever reproduce; those genius pair of eyes shows how much she knew about the world and even further beyond what they knew; that lips that spoke of stories from mountains and rivers as well as societal problems and critique the way humans live shows how much eloquent she was.