- SIXTY- SEVEN -

六十七 Never a soft persimmon

A game of Ma Diao.

It was very popular in the modern world and it has even reached popularity outside of their country. It was also included in online gambling games and Meng Jia Yi has played it before with the elderlies who great a gambling house near their street. Since she was a girl, she would be left behind by her family and at times, there was not enough money to provide for her food— so she resorted to gambling.

This allows her to learn tricks and earn more money but unfortunately, her biological parent caught her on it and made her give them all of the money that she won from it. As a result, she never touched it again but she does at times play it on her phone before she turned to write.

"Impossible!" The table shook and the cards fell on the floor but no one said anything. "You cheated!"

Guo Dian's face become redder, his eyes wide enough to express his disbelief mixed in with his outrage. He doesn't believe, for one moment, that he will lose to a weakling.

"Your tricks are too high" Ying Wei will not accept his defeat, those black orbs boiled in myriads of emotion as he lowered his gaze. "You cheated" he stated.

As a conman, he naturally knows such tricks in every gambling game but he has never seen such tricks from this boy. It seems like he has underestimated the cunning tricks of this seemingly weak boy.

"Cheated? Me? Haven't we all?"

The smile illuminated her features, although it was smeared with mud and unrecognizable from the stench coming off of her hair— it does not refute the brilliance of her eyes.

Meng Jia Yi knocked on the wooden table, her eyes languidly stating at her two enemies that she defeated. Seemingly waiting for something, everyone knew what it was and was waiting for the unimaginable to happen.

"Come on, call this Laozi Elder brother"

"You fucking cheated! I don't accept this!" The chair flung into the side, breaking apart and everyone became more silent. "You cheated you bastard!" Guo Dian gritted his teeth and glared at her, if it was knives she would have been pierced a million times.

"I did" a pin drop of silence. "But no one stipulates that you can't"

"You fucking-"

A round of applause rang, and their leader arrived with a sleazy appearance on his face while holding two women acting like snakes into his side.

"Go" he patted the bum of each woman before striding in her direction.

She mastered pushing down nausea and disgusting feelings that come up whenever she sees Feng Xin but it still caused irks in her.

"So you won? What's the prize?" Feng Xin asked relaxedly, the scar on his face illuminated in the warm light making him look much more terrifying.

"Leader, he cheated-"

"You all did" Feng Xin smiled at his dumb follower. "But her trucks are much advanced compared to the two of you, tsk"

Those words made the two's hearts brimmed in with resentment, their eyes focused on the person they underestimated and were now met with a slap on the face. It hurts very much knowing that they were defeated in front of their leader and the members they were holding.

What's more, they have to call this weak boy Elder brother? The world is going to end then.

"You're not going to honor your promise?" Feng Xin cocked his brows, his words brought immense pressure on the two.