Chapter 39

Ingrid 

Harry could not sleep all night, he tossed and turned, until he gave up and sat up by the edge of the bed. I got up and rubbed his back lightly. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him rubbing circles on his bareback. 

"I can't sleep," he says huffing out a deep breath. 

"It's okay, do you want to talk about anything?" I ask him turning his face to look me in the eyes. One finger moved his cheek and my other hand continued rubbing circles on his back. 

"What if after finally finding her years later I lose her so soon? My mom today the way she looked at her, something she lost because I was a dickhead teenager bothers me, Ingrid. I can't live with myself right now. I took her from her dad today, and she didn't give a shit about it. Do you know what that means? For all these years he didn't give her all the love she needed, because no person, well no child wants to leave someone they love and someone they feel safe with. Now I'm all in my head Ingrid, this is all my fault," Harry rants looking me in the eye. 

"Harry, please just take it easy on yourself. Stop blaming yourself for everything, that's not a way to live. You did nothing wrong, it was your stepdad who ruined everything. We're going to try our best in getting her happy and healthy, okay?" I tell him, and he shakes his head, his tears welling up in his eyes again. 

"No Ingrid, I spoke to her dad about her medical conditions. She has a really low chance of living longer than 2 years. SHE HAS LESS THAN 2 YEARS!" He whisper yells. I sigh unable to say anything to him. 

"Harry, can I talk to you about something? I don't want to keep anything from you," I tell him. 

Oh I'm so dumb, why did I bring this up now. I'm worried he's going to find out another way, and get mad at me after, so I should just tell him. 

"What is it?" he places his ring finger and thumb on the temples of his head. 

"Umm...I saw Tom at the store earlier when I was buying things, an-," he cut me off. 

"Really? Does now seem like a fucking good time to bring Tom up?" He looks at me in anger. 

"No, no, please listen, I think you should know this," I explain to him. 

"What?" He groans.

"Janice is pregnant," I spit out. 

"I don't give a fuck what she is, I don't give a fuck who she becomes, hell I don't care if she's having an affair with the damn President of America, I don't give a fuck," he spits and gets up in anger from the bed.

"But it's Tom's!" I yell a bit so he can hear me as he walks out of the bathroom. 

"I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck," he looks me dead in the eyes, saying each word one by one. 

"Okay, I get it, but stop talking to me like you want to kill me," I admit to him. 

"I want to be the dead one," he spits and slams the bathroom door.

"Harry, open the door," I bang on the bathroom door. 

"Leave me along Ingrid," he refuses. 

"I have a key Harry, just open, don't act like a kid," I protest. 

"I don't want to Ingrid, so just leave me alone," he refuses yet again. 

"Please Harry," this time tears well in my eyes, I'm sick of this back and forth we have a problem we fix it but there's another one. 

No relationship is ever perfect, no relationship has ever been perfect, but this has been the hardest patch for Harry and I. I hate that it isn't even our fault, our lives have just been so damn insane lately, and I can't take it.