Chapter 2

Ingrid
I haven't felt like myself in a long time since I moved for college and lost William. It's December 21st today, the day I lost William last year. This upcoming year will also mark 12 years since I lost my mother, it all just doesn't seem to add up, everything feels like a numb and odd place. It seems like lately I just don't react to anything, happy or sad, I just don't feel anything.

I graduated from college last year, I managed to graduate a year early since I got a headstart by graduating high school in 11th grade. It was a lot of work but I wanted to leave that place, I also met William the year I graduated. I never liked high school, I never got bullied or anything of the sort, I just never really enjoyed the crowd of people.

The only benefit I got out of high school was a degree, obviously and William. William was my first love, but what I didn't know was that I would lose him so quickly. We dated officially for three years before he died. I was so scared the day I lost him, it was my biggest fear to lose yet another person very close to me besides my mother. I wasn't ready, even though it had been 11 years without my mom, not having William made it so much worse.

"I miss you more and more every day," I place the flowers on William's grave and wipe the tear in my eyes. His grave is quite big compared to the rest in the cemetery, his family was so very rich, they cared about what people would say about the grave of their son. They weren't really my cup of tea, but William made it easy to deal with them.

My mind trails to one of my favorite memories of him. The one that started it all for me...

"Have you ever been told you're beautiful?" I blush at William's shocking yet enduring response.

"N- no- I don't know," my heart is racing quickly as I try to come up with a response. I tend to mumble and ramble as a nervous habit.

"Ingrid, do you mind going out with me Friday night?" He holds my hand lightly, I look at the hand that he's holding too afraid to look into his ocean eyes.

"Well I wan-," he cuts me off as I speak nervously, I'm confused as to why he does, so I look up at him.

"I'll ask your dad," I wonder how he already knew that was what I was going to say.

"Okay then I'll see you Friday night," I smile and hold my books to my chest, I quickly walk away trying to hold back making my smile any bigger.

"Thank you, William, thank you for giving me some of the best moments of my life," I wipe the tear that worked a path down my cheek and walk away from his grave, the cold weather was beginning to make my bones hurt.

I check my phone to see my dad had sent me text messages.

Dad: heyyy ingo I was really hoping we can talk later today

Me: sure dad where at?

Dad: this cafe across town I'll send the address later

Me: thank you. When do I meet you there?

Dad: right around 6 pm

Me: you got it dad

Dad: love you

Me: love you more dad

Me: hey is Haney coming to visit soon?

Dad: I don't think so sorry

Me: okay anyway I'll see you later

I've missed my sister she moved after she got married, I thought she would come to visit in time for the holidays but she must be spending it with her in-laws and stuff. I never thought my sister and I would be the type to fade after one got married... but I guess we did. I'm really happy for her though, her luck was always better than mine. She's started a beautiful family, her son Marlee is absolutely adorable. She always sends me pictures of him but I wish I could visit them more often.