California

++Savannah++ 

I still can't believe you flew me out to see my family," I look at Chris in the car. "It really seemed like you needed the time away from everyone. I've never met your family and so I figured right now would be a perfect time," he rubbed my cheek. I blush and kiss his hand. 

"Does my family know we're here?" I ask. "Just your mom, you're dad was working when I called," he tells me. My heart begins to jump as soon as we pull into the gates of my parent's home. I look out the window and smile. "You look like a little ass kid," he laughs and I playfully roll my eyes. 

Both my parents were standing outside the main entrance of their homes with a welcome home sign. "Aren't they the cutest?" I look at Chris. "I can definitely tell they are your parents," he smiles. They wave at us as Chris turns off the car. "You guys are too cute," I run over to them and kiss them. "We've missed you so much princess," my dad engulfs me into a huge hug. "I've missed you so much more," 

"Don't just stand there Chris come hug us," my mom reaches out for him. He smiles and comes over to kiss her cheek. "Come on let's go inside," my daddy pats Chris on the back. "So how is everything back in Georgia?" my momma asks me. "The shop is doing well," I go and sit down in the kitchen with her. 

"Hey, Chris can I talk to you outside for a minute?" my daddy says to Chris. "Yes, sir," they head out to the back. "What's that all about?" I look at my momma. She adjusted her glasses which she only did when she was a little nervous. "Your father isn't too happy with Chris after the whole situation. He wants to make sure he's keeping you safe and stuff," she says. 

"Oh no, you know how hot-headed daddy is and Chris is exactly like him," I sigh running my hands down my face. "I think everything should be fine though honey. I am sure Chris understands where daddy is coming from," she assures me. 

Chris

"I wanted to talk to you about the incident that happened a little while ago. I should've been said something but I wasn't too sure of your relationship status and I like to have these conversations in person," her father looks over at me. His expression was very serious. "I understand," I sigh leaning against the rail of the steps. 

"I know what you do for a living. My older brother died doing what you do for a living. I didn't mind looking past it until my daughter was put in danger. You were nowhere to be found and that's not settling well with me. Savannah is my daughter and I will burn down all of Georgia behind her. Do not let this doctor persona fool you. If you are going to be with my daughter, I need you to protect her. If you can't do that then here is your way out," he says. 

"Sir, I want to apologize for that whole situation. That was not in my character. Savannah is one of the best things to happen to me. I love her with all of my heart and soul. I would legit fie for that girl. I had just found out about my son and I made a silly decision. I can promise you that it will never happen again. Since then I have gone the extra mile to make sure she is safe at all times. I sit in the shop with her from time to time. She is safe with me I can promise you that," I give him a serious expression. 

"I hope so because I'll kill you myself," he sized me up. I tried my hardest not to laugh. I wanted to remain respectful to Savs father. "I hope it doesn't have to come down to that," I look him in the eye. "Me neither because she loves you a lot," he tells me. "And I love her more," I extend my hand out for him to shake. He takes it and gives me a firm handshake. 

We head back inside and I sit next to Savannah and kiss her cheek. "Hey, baby everything okay?" she whispers. "Everything is great, you ready to head to our house?" I ask rubbing her thighs. "I think I'm gonna stay here with momma for a little bit," she smiles at her momma. "Alright baby, I'm going to catch up on some sleep at the house," I kiss her forehead.