Mi Familia

Savanah........

I was closing down the shop alone tonight. I let everyone go as soon as their appointments were finished, since I was gone for three days with Chris to Miami. "Thank you," my last client smiled walking out of the door. I went into my office in the back to grab my purse before heading out. I lock up the shop and hop in the Tesla. I receive an incoming call and I answer. "Hello?"

"Hey honey, where are you?" my mother asks. "I am just now leaving the shop mom. Is everything okay?" I ask her. "Yeah, I was making dinner tonight and I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't eaten yet," she tells me. 

"No I haven't eaten yet. I should be home in about twenty minutes or so. I'll see you when I get there," I say before hanging up. I let beyonce play as I made my way home. I never let my parents stay in a hotel when they are in town. I have more than enough room for them to stay with me. I get home and park the car in front of the garage. I head into the house to smell my mamas cooking. It's been a long time since I've had her cooking. "Hey sweetheart," she kisses my cheek.

"Hey mama," I sit at the island. "How was work?" she placed the chicken in the oven. "Today was a pretty good day. I had quite a few clients," I take my shoes off and letting them hit the floor. "I gave your housekeeper the week off since I'll be here," my mother says. 

"Mom I don't want you working while you're here," I complain. "You haven't had a good home-cooked meal from your mama in a long time so I am going to cook for my baby," she smiles. "Mama tomorrow we meet Chris' family," I tell her. 

"Are you nervous?" she asks sliding me a glass of water. I sigh "A little bit. You think they will like me?" I ask her. "I think they are going to love you Sav. What's not to love about you?" she asks. I chuckle a little. 

"Speaking of Chris," she wiggles her eyebrows. "Do you think you're finding yourself being serious with him?" 

"Yes mama, while we were away he told me he loved me," 

"And what did you say?" she asks with a slight smirk. 

"I told him I loved him too," 

"How do you know you love him?" 

"Because of the way he treats me honestly. Chris is a businessman and so he's very serious when he's out in public. When we are together he's such a gentleman. He never disrespects me and he goes out of his way to make sure that I know that I am the only woman in his life," I explain. 

"Just by the look in your eye I can tell you love him," she nudges me. "Where's dad?" I look around. "He's in the bed taking a nap. He's been working a lot lately so he's using this time as the time to catch up on sleep," 

"Okay well I'm going to change out of my clothes and take a shower," I say picking my shoes up off of the floor. I head up the steps and into my bedroom. I put the shoes in the closet and head to the bathroom to take a shower. After the shower was finished I went and laid in bed. Ken was Facetiming me. "Bestie!" she smiled. I smiled back. I haven't seen her since I've been home. "I miss you!" I pout. "I miss you more. How was your mini baecation?" she sat up looking intrigued. 

"We told each other we loved each other," I smile. 

"Who said it first?" she smiled. 

"He did!" I say excitedly. "I am so happy for you Sav. He's such a good man to you," she tells me. I nod in agreement. "How are you feeling? I am going to come over tomorrow before I go to meet Chris' family," I tell her. 

"I am just a little sore. you know mama's been waiting on me hand and foot while my father is trying to get her to relax. I laugh. "Girl my mama gave the housekeeper the week off,"