Get High

++Savannah++

"I think the wedding colors should be pink and white," my mother says. "You think Chris would be okay with that?" Kennedy asks me. "He said I can have whatever I want, "I shrug. We were sitting with the wedding planner to begin the process of planning the wedding. All three of our moms flew back out to Atlanta along with my sisters. 

"Such a typical man's answer," Chris' mother shakes her head. "Savannah you should get Christopher to sing you down the aisle." his mother smiles and we all give her a confusing look. "He sings?" I ask her and she nods. "It's not something you would hear him do often, but he has such a nice voice," she smiles. "We've got to hear this," Melanie smirks looking at me. "I'll see what I can do," I laugh. 

"I feel like we should have angels in the ceiling like in that Tyler Perry movie," my mom says. "Absolutely not that is tacky," I say to her. "Tacky?" she questions and I nod. She rolls her eyes at me and sighs. "I'm thinking of a floral walkway into the ceremony," I say pulling up my Pinterest board. As the girls shuffle through magazines with wedding dresses, I show them my ideas. 

"When do you meet with the planner?" mom asks. "Next week she's flying here to start looking at venues," I say. "So I started looking at hairstyles," Kennedy's mom put her phone in front of me showing me a bunch of updos. "Mom we haven't even picked a dress or a designer yet how are you already planning her hair?" she asks. 

"She has a small head and she can have an updo so we can see her face," her mother says. 
"I feel like you girls are being ungrateful with our opinions. Ladies how about we go out for lunch and leave it to the girls who have never planned a wedding before," my mother says and looks at the rest of the moms. They all smirk and agree. 

The girls and I roll our eyes at them being dramatic. "We aren't being ungrateful guys," I sigh. "No, it's fine you guys know everything we will just bud out of your business and just show up to the wedding," London's mom says. "I'm about to call dad," she says to her mother. "I can't believe you're being sensitive right now," Leslie says looking at our mom while holding Peyton. "Yeah mom Sav is the one getting married and it's okay to give opinions but you can't take it personally if she doesn't agree," Mel says defending me. 

My mother sighs and looks at me. "I just want you to have a really special day," she says to me and I kiss her cheek. "I know mom but our styles are different," I tell her. My phone rings and it's Chris. "Hey babe," I answer him. "Where are you?" he asks me. "I'm with both of our moms, the girl's mom, the girl's and my sisters at London's house," I tell him. 

"When will you be done?" he asks me. "Well from the looks of I think we are done," I chuckle a little. "Okay good, come home I finished up work early," he tells me and I smile. "You miss me?" I ask. "Yeah, I had the chef make you favorite and we still have a few hours before Aeko gets home from school," he says. "Say less. See you soon," I smile hanging up. 

"Is that Chris?" Mel asks and I nod. "Yeah, he got off of work early so we could spend time together before Aeko get's home," I began to gather up my stuff. "Are we still going out tonight?" Leslie asks and I nod. "Of course, I have my sisters and best friends here with me and I couldn't be happier," I smile. 

I make my way back to the house and kick my shoes off. "Babe, I'm home," I yell up to Chris. He walks out of our bedroom and stands leaning over the railing. "I'm starting to think you just like to hear yourself yell," he smirks looking down at me. I look up at him and smile. "You might be right," I joke as he makes his way down the steps. I hold my arms open for him as he engulfs me in a bear hug. "How was your day?" he asks kissing my forehead. I roll my eyes. "My mom and the girl's mom started getting sensitive because we weren't feeling their ideas," I tell him.