39

⚠️swear words, mention of mussel⚠️

Clay was busy making dinner for everyone, and everybody was talking about their day. George didn't say much though, because there was nothing to say. Clay noticed George was silent, but there was stuff going on between them so he was silent.

"So what's for dinner?" Drista asked.

"Spaghetti" Clay said as he poured the noodles into the boiling water.

"Yum."

A phone started to ring, the classical ringtone. Everyone heard it and looked at each other.

"Is that my phone?" Clay asked as he checked his pockets.

"Yeah, it's a random number though" Jessica said "Maybe a scam caller."

"Pass it to me" Clay said.

Jessica tossed Clay his phone and he caught it with one hand and responded with a 'thanks'.

"I'll stir the pasta" Jessica said standing up.

"Okay thank you Jessica."

Clay answered the phone and he put it up to his ear "Hello?"

George looked at Clay, the tone of Clays voice changed it sounded more stern.

"Yes this is Clay Smith" Clay said.

It was quiet again, George continued to watch Clay talk on the phone.

"I'm sorry about my manners but, who are you?" Clay said.

Everyone at the point was looking at him, who is he on the phone with?

"As much I wanna believe this, this is bullshit" Clay said "But thank you for the concern but you may wanna get your eyes checked."

"Bye" Clay hung up the phone.

Clay put the phone onto the kitchen counter and grabbed the spoon from Jessica "Thanks Jessica."

"Your welcome."

Jessica sat back down and George was still thinking about the phone call. He wanted to ask who it was, but before he could say something.

"Who was that Clay?" Drista asked "On the phone."

"Some fucking twat saying our mother is alive and well" Clay said and he stirred the pasta in the boiling hot water.

"What sick person would say that" Sapnap said.

"That guy apparently" Clay said "Even if she was alive, I wouldn't have a word to say to that woman."

"That's her fault for choosing not to be in our lives anymore, it's all of their fault."

"Maybe they had a reason" Jessica said.

"A reason to leave two of her kids, a reason to make them live a life without them" George said "That doesn't add up."

"So now you say something" Sapnap chuckled.

"Shut up" George said.

"No you" Sapnap said.

"Oh, I thought wanted me to keep talking instead of being silent."

"My bad" George leaned back into his seat and crossed his legs.

"No George" Sapnap said regretting his decision "George?"

"What?" George looked up at Sapnap.

"I want you to keep talking, talk about your day."

"There's nothing interesting in my life" George said.