Chapter 26

Alani's P.O.V

I was currently sitting in the waiting room at the hospital waiting for updates news on Mia and Myles. The doctor said they were involved in a car accident and they're getting checked out right now.

The doctor came back out with a clip board.

"Ok so Mia is ok no broken bones but she sprained her wrist and she has a few bruises and scars.
Also she'll be sore for a couple of days.

Now Myles is in a worse condition than her but he'll be. He has a broken arm and he's being checked for any other broken bones.

Also he's gonna need stitches on his leg. But he just needs time to recover and he'll be fine." He finished.

"When can we see them?" My mom asked.

"Right now, but two people at a time in each room."

Of course our parents went to see them first. This was all very hard to take in.

I laid my head on Kalin's shoulder and waited for our turn to see them.

"I can't believe this happened and we didn't know." I sighed.

"It'll be ok baby." He said running his fingers through my hair.

"You guys can see them now, but we're gonna head home." My mom told us.

"Bye." I said hugging my mom and dad.

"Be safe you two." My dad said. We said bye to Myles parents and headed to their room.

I walked in and seen my sister laying in the hospital bed hooked up to a machine. I felt extremely bad because I knew how this felt.

This was me not that long ago.

"Hey." I said sitting on the end of my sisters bed.

"Hey" she dryly said. "How do you feel?" I asked.

"Physically not as bad as it was earlier. Emotionally, I feel so hurt.
Myles is on so much pain because of me." She said with a tear escaping her eye.

I pulled her into a hug as I comforted her.

"Don't say it's your fault. He was protecting you. That's how Myles is." I said reassuring her.

"I'm gonna check on Myles ok." I told her. She nodded as I walked out the room.

Myles was one door down from Mia. I walked in and seen Myles laying in his bed and Kalin sitting in the chair.

Kalin walked out to go see Mia.

"How you feeling lil poof poof?" I said petting his poof.

"Pretty tired. I wanna leave." He groaned.

"I know how that feels." I said laughing.

It was silent for a moment.

"Thank you." I said to him.

"Thank you for what?" He asked confused.

"You risked your life to save my sister, and I love you so much for that." I told him.

"Of course like I said before that's what family does for each other. I love you three so much and I would put my life on the line for all of you." He said.

A tear fell from my eye and I leaned down to hug Myles.

----

It's been two weeks since Mia and Myles accident and everything is almost back to normal.