Chapter 17

*1 Year Later*

Alani's P.O.V

I was currently sitting in my room alone watching Pretty Little Liars. Kalin is not here. He is currently in New York with Myles doing interviews and going to meetings.

They wouldn't even be back for my birthday which I was really sad about. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone loudly buzzing.

iMessage from Baby K 😘🔒

K: Hey what are you doing?
A: Being sad bc you aren't here 😔💔
K: I'm sorry babygirl 😣 I wish I was there with you too but I'll be back Wednesday!
A: The day after my birthday...
K: Please don't tell me you're not mad at me 😩
A: I'm not, I'm just sad your schedule worked out like this.
K: I will make up for not being there in your birthday I promise 😘💞
A: Ok 😌 love you 😘
K: I LOVE YOU MORE!!

I locked my phone and went to sleep.

•••••••

When I woke I was surrounded by white balloons. I smiled and pushed the balloons to the side. I slipped on my slippers and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I walked downstairs and saw Mia, my mom and dad in the kitchen. There was a banner that read "Happy Birthday Alani!" I smiled and entered the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday!!" They all yelled in sync.

"Thank you guys." I said smiling pulling them all into a group hug.

"We have a present for you!" My mom said walking me the backyard.

It was very warm outside so I wasn't complaining. There stood a gigantic box. It was about 3 feet tall and really wide, and it was all wrapped in wrapping paper with a bow.

I honestly had no idea what was in here. I was hoping it was a mini fridge. I walked over to it and placed my hand on it. Before I could even open it, it popped open shooting confetti everywhere.

I closed my eyes since I was very startled and when I opened my eyes Kalin was standing in front of me. My eyes widened at the sight of him. "WHAT THE HELL??" I said backing away from the box.

Everyone was just smiling. I was in so much shock I could barely comprehend what was going on. I looked back at Kalin as tears rushed down my face. He stepped out the box and I jumped into his arms. I was now bawling tears onto his shoulder.

"Oh my gosh baby why are you crying so hard." He said to me.

"I honesty don't know." I sniffled, causing my family to laugh. I began laughing with them. Kalin put me down and looked down at me. He smiled at me with his beautiful smile that could melt anyone's heart.

I grabbed his face and kissed him softly. He placed his hands on both sides of my waist as we continued our kiss. A loud coughing from my dad interrupted our moment, but he was doing that telling us we should stop kissing now.

I smiled and grabbed Kalin's hand intertwining our fingers.

"Hey can me and Kalin have like 5 minutes of alone time? I just wanted to talk with him." I asked my family. They all nodded leaving me and Kalin alone in the backyard. He sat down on our bench and I sat on his lap.

"I can't believe you!" I said smiling playfully hitting him.

"I'm good at keeping secrets huh?" He said smirking.

"Yea maybe a little too good." I said to him.

"Well you're in for a treat tonight." He said smirking.