Prologue

Pearl felt a single tear run down her face. What had she done? She had won the war, but what for? Being alone on the Hermitcraft server? Sure, it could be fun being alone sometimes but not nearly as fun as hanging out with friends.

Why did the server suddenly become so bloodthirsty? She and Gem joined, and she wasn't sure how it was in previous seasons but this surely didn't happen or else everyone would've been way better at combat.

She somehow had to go back in time and fix all of her mistakes. The whole server had broken out in a big war, and it all started with an argument between Impulse and Scar about something so pathetic that she didn't even remember it. Or was it her fault? Something must've been different from previous season, and she was the newbie.

She looked at the once so chaotic battlefield. Dead bodies could be seen everywhere. Respawn had stopped working halfway through the battle, and nobody knew why. But they continued to fight.

Pearl stood up and walked to the closest body. It was Gem. Her face was pale and her eyes shut. Pearl looked away, just to see more dead bodies here and there. The beautiful green grass had splashes of blood. Everything was just... Death.

Not being able to take it anymore, Pearl grabbed some fireworks she still had in her inventory and fled the scene. Not that anyone else would join the server, Pearl would be forever alone. But the feeling of guilty was too big to stay. She hoped she could move to another server, but it wouldn't be easy. People would ask her where the other Hermits were, and she would have no answer.

After a little time of flying, she landed in front of her base. Not being able to take it anymore, she quickly looted it and decided to find another server to live in. What servers was there? Last Life was out of the question, a lot of Hermits were also in Last Life, plus the founder, Grian, was also gone.

She couldn't even imagine her getting on a server with nobody questioning the absence of the other Hermits. Did she have to spend her whole life on this server, alone...?

She decided to open up her communicator and sent a message, even though sue was sure nobody would answer.

<PearlescentMoon>
Hello? Is anyone still alive?

Wow. What a pathetic message. She hit tab on her communicator to see who was on the server, and every Hermits name was grey except from her own name.

She thought about what server she could join, but her mind was blank. Dream SMP? There was no way. Maybe she could just create her own server, change her name and invite some other YouTubers? No. She couldn't risk their lives either. She didn't want them to meet the same fate as the other Hermits...

Suddenly, a sound came from her communicator and Pearl looked at it immediately. Did one of the Hermits survive after all? When she read what the message said, her heart dropped and she felt even more guilt.

<???>
You have failed, PearlescentMoon. You have failed the Hermits. You killed the majority of them, the bloodthirsty mind of yours not noticing that. You, and no one else, is the villain. And this story got the bad ending since the villain won.

I will give you one more chance. I will send you back in time, before the war started, and you have to make your decisions wisely this time. Stop the war from breaking out. Do you accept my offer?

Yours truly,
Unknown

Pearl stared at the message for a while before she replied, her hands shaking.

<PearlescentMoon>
If it means saving my friends, then I accept it.

Everything went black.

---

A/N:
Okay, Hermitcraft. Got into the fandom about one month ago, already addicted. I apologize for my English, I'm a proud Swede, okay? The details might not be exactly as in season 8 (I have only watched Grian, planning to watch some other Hermits too) but I will try my best.

Now, adventure awaits!
~Amethyst
(I really wanted to put in an 'aha' somewhere. Gotta write about Last Life SMP too)