Chapter IX

When Pearl got back to Boatem she got surprised that nobody was there. She graciously landed in front of the Boatem pole and admired it for a second. It was just boats standing on random blocks, but it still looked beautiful. Screw their giga-mega base, this was the beauty of Boatem. She stood there for quite awhile, but got distracted when she heard two loud voices. She couldn’t hear who the voices belonged to and what they were saying, but they sounded angry which never was a good sign. She ran towards the voices as fast as she could, just to find Scar and Impulse, once again, arguing.

“I can’t believe you guys!” Pearl exclaimed, making Scar and Impulse jerk. They looked at her, and Impulse gave her an apologetic smile.

“Sorry Pearl...” he said.

“Why are you saying sorry to me? Say sorry to Scar, and Scar do the same to you,” Pearl snorted and put her hands on her hips. She didn’t care if she sounded like a strict mom, she couldn’t have the war breaking out again.

“Sorry Scar. It was stupid of me to steal your diamonds,” Impulse sighed.

“Sorry Impulse. I shouldn’t have insulted you,” Scar said. “Will you forgive me?”

“Yes, and I hope you will forgive me too,” Impulse responded. They actually looked sorry this time, which was a good sign. Maybe this was what caused the war to break out last time?

“Promise me that you don’t fight again. I don’t want any war happening,” Pearl told them, and she looked dead serious. They both nodded, and Pearl walked away. Well, hopefully they wouldn’t fight again. She walked back to her base, and wondered what to do now. There was a lot of improvements she could do on her base, but she didn’t just feel like it right now. Luckily, she got saved from her boredom because of a message from Xisuma.

<Xisumavoid>
Everyone, come and meet me at y: -193 and x: 286. I have found something that might endanger the whole server.

Shoot. That didn’t sound good. Pearl grabbed some rockets as fast as she could and quickly flew to the coordinates Xisuma had given them. She was one of the last to arrive, seeing as a lot of Hermits already was there.

“Is everyone here?” Xisuma asked just when she arrived.

“No, Jevin and Hypno isn’t here,” Cub replied.

“Not Wels either,” Doc added.

“Anyone know where they are?” Xisuma wondered, but nobody answered. “I guess we could start without them.”

“Why did you call us here?” Tango wanted to know.

“As I said, I have found something that might endanger the whole server,” Xisuma announced. “It is a letter in Galactic. Unfortunately, I cannot speak Galactic but I could understand a few parts of it. It said something about ‘experiment’ and ‘glitch’, which doesn’t sound good.”

“A glitch? Do you know anything more about it?” Etho said, looking confused, interested and slightly scared.

“Well, there’s this rumour about... No, forget it, it’s just a stupid rumour,” Xisuma said, but he had already gained the Hermits’ interest.

“What rumour? Tell us!” TFC demanded, and a wave of agreement flooded through the crowd of Hermits. Xisuma sighed.

“Fine. Basically it’s something about a facility which does experiments to learn everything about Minecraft. It’s just as stupid as this Watcher rumour.”

“Can you tell us more about the facility?” Pearl wondered, finally speaking.

“No, it’s just-” Xisuma began, but got interrupted by a buzz from his communicator. Actually, everyone got that message. Many people gasped as they read the message, but Pearl didn’t. Instead she dropped her communicator in shock, and went pale.

Hypnotizd was slain by PearlescentMoon

It couldn’t be true. Pearl had been here the whole time, she hadn’t seen Hypno since they visited Boatem!
It... It must’ve been a glitch.

---

A/N:
Things are starting to get exciting, hm? This is probably the most hinting chapter so far, maybe except from chapter VII.

Also, does anyone else miss Hermittpad challenges? If so, I recommend you to check out my conversations... Yeah, I decided to promote it here. I thought more people would have joined this far, but I was wrong :D

Now, adventure awaits!
~Amethyst
(I. HATE. COLDS.)