Chapter III

After the incident everything was as usual. Pearl went mining for a while, getting iron armor and a couple of diamonds she wanted to save for later. She never interacted with Gem after the incident though, was slightly worrying. In her last life, she and Gem had gone around and put signs telling that random people was great and that they should praise Boatem. She smiled at the memory of the awkward boat song they had sung in her last life.

Gem wasn’t a very big deal though. Everything had started in Boatem, and Boatem was just as before. All she had to do was to keep an eye out for any arguments that could possibly break into a war.

---

When Pearl was done mining and she came back to base the she got a sudden thought. Seeing as Grian had finally built his starter base, everyone in Boatem had their houses rotated towards the Boatem pole, while Pearl’s house was rotated towards the ocean. She just felt... Outside the community. Fortunately, Impulse was just outside her house building a pig ride.

“Hey Impulse!” she said to catch his attention. Impulse jerked and looked at her.

“Pearl, you scared the life out of me!” he exclaimed, breathing heavily.

“Well... I have a problem,” Pearl admitted.

“A problem? What is it?” Impulse wondered, getting out of his hole.

“You see the Boatem pole?” Pearl said. “Everyone’s bases is rotated towards the Boatem pole, and then there’s just me who is like ‘Let me just look towards the ocean.’ I feel kinda left out.”

“Oh I see, but it’s not like you’re going to tear it down and rebuild it,” Impulse said. Pearl said nothing, just staring at him.

“Pearl?” he said, looking unsure.

“Who said I couldn’t?” Pearl replied.

With that being said, Impulse agreed to help her and they started tearing down the base. Impulse said multiple times how stupid this was, but continued helping her. Later on, Scar came to see what was going on and decided to help as well. When they had took down the house, Grian approached them, looking amused.

“I could have sworn there was a house here,” he said, intentionally meeting Pearl’s glance.

“Oh, maybe there was a thief who stole it and put in on a boat and sailed away,” Pearl said.

“Wasn’t the house a boat? Did they put a boat on a boat?” Impulse pointed out.

“Yeah, they put a boat on a boat,” Pearl agreed.

“What was wrong with it?” Grian sighed.

“It was rotated the wrong way,” Pearl admitted.

“I- Wow Pearl,” Grian said and rolled his eyes. “Either way, I suggest we move the Boatem pole. It’s not really in the middle. And why not make a Boatem hole while we’re at it?”

“Sounds good to me,” Impulse nodded.

“Same,” Scar agreed.

“Well, okay I guess,” Pearl said after a while.

“Great, then let’s go!” Grian said excitedly and started running towards the Boatem pole. Together they managed to move it without damaging it, and they also dug a hole under it, but stopped when they came across bedrock. Neither of them wanted to break it, but Impulse offered to do it later.

When they were finished they admired the Boatem pole, standing just in the middle of their houses. Then Pearl, together with Impulse, started to rebuild her house, rotated towards the Boatem pole is time. She knew that the argument between Impulse and Scar would break out soon, and things sure would get stressful then. But Pearl just couldn’t help but to feel really happy.

---

A/N:
Very trashy chapter, no need to remind me. I wrote this at midnight, mostly because my mom is more or less insane and is dancing rn. I mean chill, I’m trying to sleep. Doesn’t really help that the volume is loud.

Now, I’m 99% that I messed up the order of the events on this chapter. I apologize for that. I needed to calm things down, stuff was moving way too fast. But... They’ll most likely start moving fast again next chapter. This one was way too boring to write.

Now, adventure awaits!
~Amethyst

(Also, is anyone else addicted to Last Life SMP? I’ve been searching desperately to find someone to discuss it with)