Chapter II

Pearl slowly opened her eyes. She didn’t remember what happened, and wondered where she was.

“Pearl, you’re finally awake!” a familiar voice exclaimed. “Also, about this spawn egg, I might have made it into some sort of spawn cabin...”

“What happened?” Pearl groaned. Her head was still hurting pretty badly.

“I found you lying unconscious about 500 blocks away from here. I decided to put you in a bed and build the spawn egg myself, which without your help more turned into a spawn cabin,” the voice admitted.

Pearl felt dizzy and blinked a couple of times to clear her vision. She sat up in the bed and saw that Joe stood in front of her.

“Oh. Well, thank you for finding me,” Pearl said.

“But now it’s my turn to ask you, what happened? At first I thought you were dead and that respawn didn’t work,” Joe told her.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know.” Pearl tried really hard to recall what had happened and why she was unconscious. This did not happen in her last life, which was worrying.

“Oh my goodness, Pearl!” a feminine voice suddenly said, coming from the door.

“Gem, why are you here?” Joe asked, and looked confused.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere! Me, Stress, False and Cleo planned to make a girls only building, and we wanted you to come too! I came across what Grian, Mumbo, Impulse and Scar call ‘the Boatem’ and they claimed that you was at the spawn building this!” Gem explained.

“Wait, how long was I out for?” Pearl asked to not sound suspicious, but this also never happened in her last life. Gem and the girls had never suggested to build a girls only house. What had she even done to change the future yet?

“I found you when the sun was setting, and now it’s mid-day, so almost a whole day,” Joe said. “But who knows for how long you were out for before I found you.”

“Well, I need to go back to the Boatem now. Great spawn cabin by the way,” Pearl announced.

“But what about the girls only house?” Gem asked.

“We’ll take care of that later,” Pearl said with a strained smile. She hurried out of the spawn cabin and started walking back to the Boatem. Once again, she had got a long journey ahead of her. She didn’t want to build the girls only house yet because she didn’t want to change the future. Well, it had unintentionally already changed, and Pearl couldn’t put her finger on what she had done differently this time. Maybe she didn’t tell the other Hermits at Boatem that she was going to build the spawn egg in her last life? But in that case, would that small detail really matter? It wasn’t like a member from Boatem would attack her, right?

Deciding not to think much about it, Pearl soon found herself back at Boatem. Seeing as the others, except Grian, had started building their starter bases, Pearl started to build her starter base too. It was an upsidedown boat, technically with the sail on the bottom, but in this case it was the roof. The house was rotated towards the ocean which gave her a beautiful view from the front of the house. In her last life she had to re-collect her materials because she used them on the spawn egg, but since Joe had built it himself this time she didn’t have to do so. Pearl seemed to be the only one who was currently at the Boatem, the other members either collecting resources, visiting others or in some peoples cases speedrunning Minecraft to get their hands on the ender dragon egg.

Everything seemed all nice but Pearl knew this wouldn’t last for long. Soon the fight would break out and it would cause every friendship to fall apart. But Pearl’s mission was to change it. Stop everything from happening again. This was just calm before the storm.

---

A/N:
Oh wow. This chapter was pretty bad, hm? I didn’t put too much effort in it. Also, thanks a lot for all the views. Almost 40 views, that’s a lot for little me •-•

Sorry if stuff is moving forward a little bit too quickly, I know we’re only at chapter two. I will try to calm things down in the next chapter... Or maybe not.

Now, adventure awaits!
~Amethyst