Chapter XVI

POV: Ayoea
She took a sip of her coffee whilst looking over every single thing they did. She hummed approvingly when the leader talked about the facility and how they needed to get there.

Good. They were stepping right into her trap.

She clicked on a few files to access the thing she wanted to check, and what she saw almost made her spill coffee over the whole keyboard. This was a threat to her whole plan, it couldn’t happen! It would delay the whole thing, and in three weeks Master would quit the project!

Well then, she’ll have to deal with that.

She put the coffee back on her desk. She then stretched a bit before she exited the room. Per usual, Ayoea felt a pang of sadness when she saw the number of the room next to her. 17830. That room should’ve been occupied by Syeani, but she was lost to the void. And she was missed dearly.

Ayoea ignored the sad thoughts and made her way to the cafeteria to get another cup of coffee. She’d need it, considering how long she’d stay awake.

The cafeteria was full of people as always. Most people kept by themselves though, as the amount of people in the facility was nearing 250 thousand and you usually only were to befriend one to five people.

Ayoea only has one friend in here: Zaria. They came from two different servers, but they befriended each other either way. At this point Zaria was her everything, just like Syeani... Used to be.

No, Ayoea, don’t think about that now, she told herself strictly. Focus. You’ll get your revenge.

She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. But it failed as violent waves of pure hatred of everyone and everything in Hermitcraft crashed against her.

Ayoea was indescribably angry when she pushed her way through the crowd, aiming for the coffee machine. She’d need heck of a lot of coffee if she was going to stay up the entire night, replanning her already so perfect plan because of one thing.

Angry gasps and protests rippled through the crowd when she shoved multiple people to the side in her state of rage. First she ignored them. Sure, she’d be getting reports but if she was lucky Master would miss them and she would go unpunished. Then she realised that he was keeping an eye on her, and that he most likely would notice them. In the worst case he’d even cancel her experiment.

Ayoea froze at the thought. No. He couldn’t. After a whole decade she was so close to finishing it.

She turned around, meeting all the annoying glances and apologised dearly. She explained that she was angry because of some thoughts she had, and most people seemed to accept her apology with a nod.

Phew. That could’ve gone worse. Ayoea continued to make her way towards the coffee machine, and soon reached it without anyone else getting mad at her. Instead of grabbing a cup of coffee like she originally planned, she grabbed a big thermos. She filled it to the brim with coffee, and then hurried back through the endless corridors to her room. She hoped the thermos would last her the rest of the night, she didn’t want to go back to the cafeteria.

Ayoea sat down in her chair, analysing the current statistics whilst going through different ways to edit her plan in her head. She poured coffee into her cup and thoughtfully started sipping it. She needed to come up with a backup plan soon. There was very little time before the plan needed to be carried out.

Her eyes then widened as she checked something. No. There was no way all that actually happend for real. Tears of happiness ran down her cheeks, and she felt the satisfying feeling of a successful revenge. Twenty-four down, one to go.

Ah, they have arrived, Ayoea thought when she checked the experiment one last time. Time to finish it, then.

---

Wow. This was short. But still, it took me less than a month so I’ll see that as an improvement.

Don’t have much else to say here, sleep, stay healthy and hydrated and watch Double Life :)

Adventure awaits!
- Amethyst