Chapter VI

Pearl rushed over to one of her chests and grabbed a spare elytra. She planned to explore the map to see what other Hermits had built, and actually get out of Boatem for once. She also wanted to try Gem’s parkour, something she had done in her last life. Maybe check on this whole ‘Hermit challenges’ thing too.

“Hey Pearl, are you going somewhere?”

Pearl jerked at the sudden voice and turned around just to find Stress. They had barely interacted throughout the season, and Pearl didn’t know where her base was located.

“Actually yes, I was planning to explore the map,” Pearl told her.

“And get out of Boatem for once? Anyway, I was here to ask you about the girls only house. Last time you and Gem spoke about it, it was during different circumstances,” Stress said. “We’re still planning to build it.”

“I’d love to!” Pearl agreed, even though it was a risky move. She left Scar and Impulse out of sight, and this didn’t happen in her last life. Though she wondered why she still compared things with her last life. Enough things had changed already, so she just needed to trust her gut feeling right now.

“Excellent! Follow me!” Stress ordered, and then took of, Pearl following. She didn’t question exactly where they were going but she assumed they had already chose where to build the house. It took them about five minutes to fly there, and Stress landed in a biome that’s called ‘Flower forest’. False, Cleo and Gem were already there and they were busy with planning the house. Gem looked up from the paper she’d been looking at when she heard Stress and Pearl landing.

“Pearl! Wonderful! We could really use some help designing the house,” Gem exclaimed, which caused Cleo and False to look up too. Cleo waved at her while False nodded awkwardly as a greeting.

Pearl looked at the paper the girls had been sketching with. They had drawn a mountain with a castle with a bunch of banners showing the girls faces. There was a lot of details and Pearl gave her opinion on the design. She suggested some changes and the girls agreed. ‘A build a day’ (on Pearl’s channel) had really helped her with her building style.

After a while they had a design that everyone was happy with. It was some sort of castle with different types of wood and stone. It might sound weird, but it looked really good. Gem had brought a lot of resources, so they could get building just after they had finished designing. Though they ran out pretty quickly, Gem didn’t know about the final design when she was collecting the resources so she had brought a little of everything.

It was really nice building with the girls, but Pearl just couldn’t help to feel that something was off. She just couldn’t put her finger on what.

---

A/N:
Short. Yes. Very short. Yes. I tried to speedrun making this chapter so I could publish it before school starts... I’ll be quite busy this week, so the chapters will be much further apart than the first five chapters... My goal is to get out (at least) one chapter per week, which might not seem like much considering I’ve on average published a chapter every 1.5 day (or something like that, who wants to do math).

I started watching Empires SMP, and it’s great! Okay, don’t worry guys, I’m not gonna ditch this book for some Empires book. I mean, I might do some Empires book but I’m not THAT addicted... Yet... I still think Hermitcraft, 3rd Life and Last Life is better.

Also, in about 6 and a half hours, when school ends (that’s abt 6 hours of pain), I expect this book to have at least 1k reads... (jk. it won’t.)

Adventure awaits!
~Amethyst
(why do I find egg puns funny?)