Chapter V

Pearl woke up in her bed, and pain flamed up literally everywhere. She could barely move, and she more or less laid there, unable to do anything. The pain would stay for a while until she had fully healed, but she had lost all her levels which also caused the pain. She didn’t know how long she was there, because this definitely didn’t happen in her last life. Why did False shoot her? She would’ve died either way, but this made things way more confusing than they should’ve been. Nobody came to check on her, and Pearl wasn’t sure why. False had basically murdered her in front of Boatem, so shouldn’t they come and see if she was okay? Or were they busy confronting False? Pearl decided to check her communicator to see if someone had asked what was going on, but she could only see one message.

<FalseSymmetry>
HERMIT CHALLENGES 2.0

Hermit challenges 2.0? What was that supposed to mean? Pearl assumed that it was something from previous seasons that she didn’t know about. Pearl sat up in her bed, the pain had reduced enough for her to walk. She went over to the place where False had shot her, and saw Impulse, Scar, Grian and Mumbo just chatting with each other. There was a shulker box right next to them, and Pearl assumed all her items were in it.

“I’m fine y’all, no need to worry about me,” Pearl said sarcastically to let them know she was there. She headed over to the shulker box and grabbed all of her items.

“Oh sorry Pearl, we were just discussing Hermit challenges. Oh my goodness, it brings back so many memories from season 7,” Grian explained.

“I still can’t believe you didn’t remember what burnsticks are!” Mumbo scolded him.

Scar smiled forgivingly at her. “I’m sorry that I didn’t check up on you Pearl. Season 7 was just too amazing!”

“It’s okay I guess,” Pearl sighed. “But what even is Hermit challenges?”

“I honestly don’t know myself, even though I was a part of it,” Grian chuckled. “Ask Mumbo, perhaps Iskall knows what this is about too.”

“Typical Brits and Swedes. You’re all so weird,” Pearl said.

“DID I HEAR HERMIT CHALLENGES?” somebody interrupted. They casually landed in front of the group and Pearl saw that it was Iskall, who turned his head towards Mumbo and Grian. “Let’s re-invent Hermit challenges!”

“Oh no-,” Grian began, but didn’t have time to say more before Mumbo and Iskall dragged him away.

“That was weird,” Pearl commented.

“Weird stuff from season 7. Believe me, even weirder stuff happened in that season. Not to mention the Mycelium Resistance, ahem, Impulse,” Scar said.

“Sorry, mayor from Powerpuff girls!” Impulse reminded him.

“Oh, how dare-,” Scar began, but was interrupted by Pearl.

“Sorry to end the fun, but is everything okay between you guys? No future fights?” Pearl wanted to know.

“Oh, yes, we’re friends again,” Scar assured her.

“Yeah, except from that Scar probably gave you a scar. It’s the season of puns, okay?” Impulse pointed out when he saw Scar’s annoyed glare.

“Well, I’m out,” Pearl announced, and used some rockets to fly away. So to sum it up, False had killed her because of something called ‘Hermit challenges 2.0’, which apparently was something from season 7. What Hermit challenges exactly was what a little bit unclear for her, since nobody could really explain it. Everything else they had said was just random things from season 7, and oh boy, that sure sounded weird. Mycelium Resistance? Did she even want to know what happened in season 7? Probably not. She had stopped the argument between Impulse and Scar, but she would keep an eye out for future arguments.

Everything seemed fine for now, at least.

---

A/N:
Sometimes you just have to put weird things into your chapter. Season 7 was extremely hilarious, and I just had to put it in this chapter, okay?

Very well, seems like False killed Pearl because of Hermit challenges 2.0? Or... Was that the real reason she killed Pearl? Sorry, I’m just teasing y’all.

Once again, thanks for the HUGE amount support. 150 reads, my my. Just that things makes my day, and all the votes and comments is just insanely amazing! I really can’t thank you enough.

Also, stay tuned for ‘Trust’ which is coming out soon! It’s about Last Life, but I haven’t decided the release date just yet.

Adventure awaits!
~Amethyst
(It’s 1:42 AM for me rn.. should probably sleep...)