Chapter I

The first thing Pearl saw was the Boatem pole being created. She remembered this moment, when she joined the others in Boatem. Before, she had approached them without a thought, but if she did it differently this time, things would maybe change. But did she dare to change the future immediately? Who knew what could happen if she didn't look over the Boatem? After all, everything started at the Boatem.

"What's going on here?" Pearl asked while running towards them, even though she already knew the answer.
Impulse, Mumbo and Scar grinned at her, while Grian put another boat on top of the others.

"There's no time to explain, but could you sit here please?" Grian suggested, and pointed at the boat he just placed.

"What? Why?" Pearl said while she placed some wooden planks under her to reach the boat, but stopped halfway and jumped into another boat.

"No, Pearl! That's the wrong boat!" Mumbo shouted at her. She got out and jumped into the boat over her instead.

"No, that's Grians boat!" Scar exclaimed.

"Where am I supposed to sit then, and why?" Pearl wondered, looking at the four boys who started to jump into their boat.

"As I said, no time to explain. Get into the top boat," Grian demanded.

"Jeez, fine," Pearl gave away and jumped into the boat they had told her to jump into.

"This is going to be the start of my video," Grian declared. "Hey guys, so you are probably wondering how I got here."

Everyone burst into laughter, including Pearl. She had already experienced this, but it was still ridiculous. They sat there for a while, just chatting and laughing, until Scar ended the fun.

"Uh, guys, for how long are we going to sit here?" he asked.

"Well, we can get out of boats now," Mumbo said. Everyone did as he said and admired the pole. It looked really majestic, even though it just was a couple of boats placed on random blocks.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," Scar said.

"Agreed. I suppose we're bonded into some sort of group now, since we have one boat for each member," Grian pointed out.

"Hey, you didn't tell me that when you told me to jump into that boat!" Pearl exclaimed.

"It's too late now," Impulse grinned. "You're stuck with us now."

"Man. Either way, we should build our starter bases now," Pearl said. She checked her inventory, and remembered that in her last life she had collected resources before coming here. Then she remembered one of the first things she promised she would do in Hermitcraft.

"Me and Joe are going to build a spawn egg for our fellow Hermits," she said.

"Sounds interesting. Are you going to build it now?" Scar wanted to know.

"Yeah, see ya," Pearl said before she started walking towards the spawn. She really needed a better way of travelling, she had got a long walk ahead of her.

After walking for about twenty minutes, she suddenly heard a sound. She stopped walking and looked around her. Where did the sound come from? She stood there, paranoid, not willing to move until she had found out where the sound came from. Pearl did not know how long she stood there until she called out: "Who's there?"
No answer.

She decided to continue walking towards the spawn, but she was still paranoid. This never happened in her last life, and she was pretty sure she hadn't done much to change the future yet. Something was clearly wrong. She quickened her pace, trying to get away from where she'd heard the sound. But she didn't get far before she felt a sudden pain in the back of her head and everything went black.

---

A/N:
Man, 15 views, 2 votes and 1 comment in three days is pretty insane for me. At my last account, it took almost 6 months until I started getting views, votes and actually a couple of fans. On the other hand, those books were on Swedish. Also, I know the details ain't perfect. I've watched some vids by Pearl (ep. 1 and 2), she's really good. I wanted to add some twist too, I figured stuff would be boring otherwise.

Either way, adventure awaits!
~Aha-methyst
(Those who haven't watched Last Life SMP is missing out on something hilariously good)