Chapter XIV

POV shift: PearlescentMoon
“T-the facility?” Bdubs stuttered. “B-but I thought it was just a rumour! Do you think we’ll encounter... Them there?”

“Who?” Jevin asked curiously, and Xisuma just shook his head.

“I made a mistake back then. I convinced Generikb to do it. I didn’t know that would happen to them. But I’m pretty sure they’re both dead now,” he sighed regretfully.

“You’re not talking about... Them, are you?” Keralis widened his eyes, horror filling them. Or well, he couldn’t widen his eyes because they already were wide open but let’s pretend he did it just because it sounds good.

“And if you are talking about them, what happened to them if they didn’t die?” Hypno continued.

“They might have gotten trapped in the Facility.” Xisuma gritted his teeth. “Which is the exact opposite of good.”

“You still haven’t told us what the Facility is other than it was a rumour, which you clearly don’t think anymore,” TFC pointed out.

“It’s a long story, and we don’t have time,” Xisuma explained.

“You don’t what us to go there unprepared, right? We need to know something more about the Facility than that,” xB said stubbornly.

“Alright, what do you already know?” Xisuma gave up.

“What you already told us; they do experiments in the Facility to learn everything about Minecraft. Not why or how,” Joe told him excitedly.

“Okay, right. It’s a long story, but you know that admins can ban people from their server?” Xisuma said, and everyone nodded or murmured an agreement. “When an admin bans someone that is on their server when they ban them they either get stuck in the void and eventually dies, or travels outside Minecraft to the Facility, where everyone is filled with rage and determined to get back into Minecraft. They are really powerful and can do experiments in Minecraft in order to find a glitch that can get them out of that place and take over Minecraft. We could actually be in the middle of an experiment right now, but they very seldom harm players. Approximately there should be around 250,000 players in the Facility and they’re all working on getting out of that place. Questions?”

Nearly every Hermit put their hand in the air and Xisuma sighed. He started answering them but had no answer to the majority of them. When nobody seemed to have another question to ask, Xisuma hesitated a moment before he asked the question he knew he had to ask, and now was the time to do so.

“We need to hurry. Who wants to go?”

None of the Hermits moved nor said anything, all of them with a scared expression on their face. Xisuma was just about to say something when Pearl spoke up.

“I will go,” she said. “This is all about me, isn’t it?”

“Pearl, I-,” Xisuma began unsure how to continue. “You need to stay here.”

“Why, if I can ask?” Pearl said, crossing her arms as she stared at Xisuma stubbornly.

“We need your help to get there and back. If you d- If you can’t respawn, we will be stuck,” Xisuma explained. “This is partly about saving you, partly about saving Minecraft.”

“If this is about saving Pearl, I’m going,” Gem announced, earning a surprised glance from the Hermits.

“Same here, love,” Stress said and after she said that chatter broke out between the Hermits, all of them discussing whether to go to the Facility or not.

“I’ll go,” TFC said simply.

“Me too,” Jevin said.

“Me three,” Hypno said.

“Me four,” xB said.

“Me five,” Zedaph said.

“Me six,” Wels said, and after he uttered those words the rest of the Hermits remained silent.

“Okay, so Gem, Stress, TFC, Jevin, Hypno, xB and Wels is going,” Xisuma summarized. “And me, of course,” he quickly added.

“What about me?” Pearl wanted to know, and she didn’t look too happy about the thought of being left out.

“Sorry Pearl,” Xisuma muttered as an apology. Pearl snorted but gave up. Xisuma told the other seven Hermits to follow him and get ready, which left the other Hermits to talk about what just had happened. The main subject was Pearl herself and the Facility. But Pearl didn’t listen. She just couldn’t stay here and do nothing while her friends risked their lives just for her. They could in the worst case die there.

Well, that left Pearl one choice. She would need to travel to the Facility on her own, even if it means betraying Xisuma and the other Hermits.

---

A/N:
School tomorrow :(
No but fr it’s almost midnight for me and I just can’t sleep atm, so I went ahead and wrote this instead :D

Well, I think this story is approaching its end, I’m pretty sure there’s less than ten chapters left. I’m gonna focus on TSE (The Social Experiment) after this book, and ignore Trust for another couple of weeks-

Don’t tell me I need to sleep. I know I need to sleep. But let’s be real here, when was the last time you went to sleep before midnight?

Adventure awaits!
~Amethyst