13; cigarettes & anxiety.

Taehyung walked down the empty street with his earphones plugged in, he had a full stomach since he decided to leave early for a big breakfast. Jeongguk was still at the dorm probably asleep, Taehyung hoped he wouldn't mind his disappearance in the morning.

What should I do about him? He's kind of my only friend...do I really wanna be a loner? It's so hard making new friends. Taehyung huffed not realising that he was now dragging his feet across the pavement with low shoulders.

"Kid, something fell out of your pocket," A man standing beside a closed shop pointed at the floor beside Taehyung's feet. The boy glanced down to see a student card that wasn't his, he looked back up the man and gave him a kind smile.

"Thanks, but it's not mine," He couldn't help but noticed the red eyes of the stranger, pupils dilated and eyelids hardly open. There was a cigarette hanging between his fingers and the other held an old phone.

"Is it that obvious?" A chuckle left the man who took another puff of his cigarette, blowing it in a different direction from Taehyung. It felt a little dangerous talking to him, but he didn't fit the description of danger Taehyung had in mind.

"Why are you doing it?" He asked hesitantly not wanting to anger the stranger, he felt weird for talking to one but he's going to have to get used to it if he wants new friends.

"Helps get rid of the stress and shit," He mumbled pulling out a pack of cigarettes, "You look like you need it," Taehyung just blinked staring at the box, "Don't worry, you can trust me, take it," Out of fear of angering and the man he took the cigarettes and hid them in his pocket.

"U-um, I should go now," Taehyung stepped back, he didn't dare to look back and only began to head faster towards the pathway to school. Luckily, he spotted Jeongguk walking towards the same direction, he could tell because of the basic clothes he was wearing and long hair that seriously needed a trim. He jogged a little and tapped the boy gently until he turned around surprised.

"Taehyung? What the hell are you doing here?" Jeongguk took out one ear plug and automatically closed any space between them.

"I was getting food, why are you here?" He noticed Jeongguk looked distressed, no matter how hard he'd hide it Taehyung would always find out, "Is everything okay? You look upset," he was about to place a reassuring hand on Jeongguk, but he held back.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," He smiled facing the boy, "What about you? You've been different lately too," It surprised Taehyung the boy even noticed. He had no idea how to reply, a big part of him craved validation, sympathy, attention and comfort from his friend but the other part didn't trust him one bit.

"I'm fine," A reassuring smile took over his face albeit he was on the verge of breaking down because of his mixed feelings, "Can we get ice cream together after school? It's been so long," He pouted looking up at Jeongguk who shook his head with a sad smile.

"I'm getting a piercing and tattoo tomorrow," The news shocked Taehyung, his jaw dropped straight after and his stomach fluttered at the idea of Jeongguk covered in tattoos and piercings.

"What?! You never told me!" He squeaked offended his own friend kept such exciting information from him.

"Sorry sorry, I wanted to surprise you! You can come with me for the piercing but the tattoo's gonna take ages so you can go back for that," Jeongguk chuckled at the boys cuteness, he resisted the urge to kiss the puffed out cheeks then and there, "I'm also having a sleepover at Sam's with everyone else, so I won't be here long," Taehyung decided to ignore the fact he was uninvited.

"Where are you gonna get a piercing? Your ears are already full— you don't even wear earrings! It's gonna be a waste," Taehyung shook his head in disapproval. Jeongguk playfully rolled his eyes and brought a finger up to his eyebrow, "Eyebrow piercing?! Holy shit!" Taehyung screeched with his whole chest catching the attention of stranger, but he didn't care with Jeongguk around him.