31; ignorance.

tw: implied self harm

Drip.

Taehyung sat against the bath tub, one leg against his chest which he used as an arm rest for his bleeding arm. His nose was red and swollen from crying and his eyes coated with a layer of tears. The same eyes watched crimson droplets drip onto the floor making an irritating tapping noise.

Knocks were heard from the door, his dazed trance ending straight after, "Tae, hurry up it's supposed to be movie night," Jeongguk whined on the other end.

After sometime, the door opened revealing a shaken up Taehyung dressed in his pyjamas. The sight made Jeongguk frown and he gently grabbed the long sleeve of the clothing.

"I thought we were going to the cinema? Why aren't you dressed?" He questioned the boy who dragged himself to their closet and pulled out some clothes, sparing no glance to Jeongguk.

"I forgot my clothes out here," Taehyung merely whispered and reached out for Jeongguk's hoodies, he frowned when he noticed they were washed and quickly turned to Jeongguk whilst sulking.

"What? What's wrong?" Jeongguk's slightly annoyed expression dropped into a worried one when he saw the boy look so sad.

"Why would you wash your hoodies?" An angry tone lingered behind Taehyung's voice. Jeongguk bit back laughter and let out a disappointed sigh.

"Because that's what you do with clothes after wearing them so many times," Jeongguk playfully rolled his eyes watching Taehyung pick out an outfit from his side of the closet. His heart swelled at how Taehyung basically never touched his clothes, even from the beginning it was like that and now it had only intensified.

~

Taehyung sipped on his slushy as Jeongguk stood at the till ordering some popcorn for them. His eyes scanned around the cinema lobby that was lit up warmly, it was a little empty since they were on a movie date late at night. Mainly couples were around too since this was a time popular for dates.

The sipping stopped when his eyes landed on a trio. Ivan, Riel and Sam. Immediately he panicked and turned around to face Jeongguk who tapped his card to pay.

"Let's go," Jeongguk turned around with a bucket of popcorn in his hand. However, his cheery expression faltered when he saw the slight panic visible on his boyfriends features. Not wanting to ask so publicly, he ignored it and lead the boy towards their designated screen.

What if they see us and do something? Taehyung silently walked beside Jeongguk and flinched when the boy intertwined their hands. Immediately he yanked it back and snapped his head behind him. His stomach dropped when he saw the trio chattering as they walked behind them, in the same direction too.

Jeongguk stared at him with a hurt expression and slowly put his hand into his pocket. A stinging sensation formed in his eyes and he blinked rapidly to get rid of the tears pooling in his eyes.

"We're at the back," Jeongguk spoke the moment they walked into the screen. Taehyung nodded and walked a little faster so that Jeongguk was at a distance. What's up with him? He sadly watched the boy at down.

Taehyung fearfully watched the trio find their seats and sit down. That quickly became what he was watching the entire film. It didn't matter he missed the movie, he had watched it before by himself too since Jeongguk used to find it too gay together.

Jeongguk glanced at Taehyung and noticed him not paying attention which only angered him more. Then he noticed the boy check his phone secretly, tilting it away so that he couldn't read what was on the chat. He did try to peer over, but the brightness was too low for him to see.

***********
I know you're in here.
Meet me in the outside I want to talk
Unless you want me coming up there and giving everyone a better scene to watch

Taehyung let out a shaky breath and stood up, "I'll be back I'm gonna use the toilet," he whispered before making his way out. Jeongguk let out a sigh and nodded, going back to the movie with a frown.

Taehyung did notice that, so as he walked he walked with guilt. Jeongguk had changed so much and was now his boyfriend, he was doing things he was heavily against before so it must've been a hard — yet positive — change. And now he was sabotaging it all because he couldn't help but care about what others viewed their relationship as, what others had to say. It made him feel so terribly bad that he was acting so afraid of everything when Jeongguk did nothing but love him.

"There you are," An infamous voice spoke from behind him the moment he stepped out. He turned around and clenched his fists seeing Ivan step outside, "I wanted to ask, why are you here?" He had a suspicion tone to his voice.

"You had to ask that outside? And why do you think you I'd be here?" Taehyung scoffed.

"Are you on a date with Jeongguk?" The question made Taehyung panic, and Ivan noticed. A smirk lifted on his face when he saw, "Knew it, I did say that the thing would spread his mental illness. Jesus fucking Christ, I just didn't expect it to be Jeongguk, I feel bad-"

"Shut up, we aren't dating," Taehyung swallows dryly, blinking rapidly due to tears forming.

"Oh so you're still friends with someone who literally hates gay people? That's so pathetic, having to be friends with someone who wishes people like you were dead," Ivan scoffs, "Why aren't you? Homosexuality is an illness and why would you live with that? You're not even suppor-"

"How do you know? I'm supported by the people I need-" Taehyung was cut off by Ivan suddenly grabbing his arm, staring at the crimson tint.

"So why do you do this freak shit? Surely not because I asked because you disagree with everything I say," His eyes shifted on Taehyung's panicked face, "Why don't you just hurry and end it? Go to hell where you belong and might even find some true love? Saying you're supported by what has anyone ever done for you? You've been with Jeongguk you're entire life and he's done the opposite," at that, Ivan pushed Taehyung's arm down and walked back into the doors that lead to the movie again.

Taehyung felt his bottom lip quiver and tears pour out of his eyes. He couldn't go back in, if he did he'd just break down. So, he pulled his phone out and texted Jeongguk even though the boys phone was on silent due to the movie.

th
I'm sorry I'm going back
I promise I'll go out with you again next week I'm really sorry

ANGST 😈👌 might even double update