14; looking after you.

Sunlight was blocked by dark clouds that spat down rain bitterly, it tapped against the opened window as loud as an alarm causing Jeongguk to wake up in annoyance. A strong smell of rain and wet earth invaded his nostrils, he took in a tired deep breath and forced his eyes open that scanned the room.

Once he let out an exhale, his black heady eyes dropped down onto Taehyung who had his arms folded against his body uncomfortably. The boys pretty face was stained with tears and there were makes of pressing his face against Jeongguk's chest, his lips were swollen and his eyes were puffy. As adorable as he looked, Jeongguk grew worried.

Why does he look so ill? He pressed the back of his hand against the youngers soft cheeks and frowned at the rising temperature. A hot breath left Taehyung who shivered pulling the covers over himself more, however, his jaw only continued to chatter and eventually he woke up in discomfort.

"Tae, you're sick you should just rest. Did you eat something bad last night? Drink? Go out? Stay up too much?" Jeongguk asked question after question whilst searching around him for some water and medicine, "Where do you keep the drugs and shit?" He joked attempting to cheer up the boy who struggled to keep his eyes opened.

"I'm okay ," Taehyung let out a quiet whisper, "We're gonna be late, let's go," Slowly and unsteadily, he pushed himself up clenching his jaw when a pounding feeling took over his head.

"Hey, let me—" Jeongguk halted his hand movements when the boy flinched and frantically shook his head, "Why not? Tae, you can't even get up," He knew something was up by the way Taehyung was trembling and looking so frustrated.

"Because I don't want you to start agreeing with them too," Alas, he finally sat up and planted his sore feet onto the cold floor. Jeongguk watched him stumble over into the bathroom and lock the door behind him weakly.

Agree with who? Jeongguk sat in place confused, then the recording played in his mind and dread took over him. Shit, shit I still need to sort that out! But he's too sick, it'll make it worse if I bring it up. What did they even say again that he still remembers? He searched for Taehyung's phone and once he did all his hope was washed away when it was out of charge.

He decided to put it on charge for the boy and clean up the room whilst it began to switch on. He began to grow impatient and constantly checked if it had gone up yet or not, groaning whenever it was still at 1%.

"Jeongguk, can we sit together today?" Taehyung asked the moment he stepped out the bathroom, catching Jeongguk by surprise.

"Yeah I wasn't planning to sit with them four anymore anyway, do you wanna go out for food before class? We still have like an hour," Jeongguk sweetly smiled and walked over to check if his temperature had gone down. It hadn't as expected.

"No, I need to catch up on all the work I've been missing out, oh and you don't need to stop being friends with them just because I don't get along with them, they're your best friends not mine," Taehyung mumbled walking past the boy and took a seat at his desk.

"Yeah but like your my best friend not them? So I'm gonna stick by you obviously," Jeongguk tried to be nice, however the sound of Taehyung scoffing and taking his earphones out made a small flame light up inside of him, "What was that for?" His smile slowly fell and a forced sweet tone was left in voice.

"Because that's something so stupid coming out of your mouth, you don't need to pretend to be my friend, alright? They've been chatting shit about me for ages now and you're only upset now, why? Because you're not gonna have anyone else to sit with?" Taehyung didn't know where the anger came from, but it was getting worse and worse when he saw Jeongguk furrow his eyebrows, "I mean I wouldn't want to sit with you either, it's pretty fucking embarrassing having random people asking me stuff like 'Oh! Are you really friends with him?' And look at me disgusted when I say yes," He bitterly spat through gritted teeth with a hoarse voice.