Chapter 2

Everyone in camp was trying to continue doing mindless choirs, they wanted to forget that we left a part of our group for dead. Dale was looking through his binoculars, hoping to spot the others. The earth still smelt fresh because of the cloud burst, I was helping Jim attach some more cans to the wires that surrounded camp.

It was strange that everyone was trying to do everything except think about the group. By the time I was done, and walking towards the RV. I saw Shane, Lori and Carl sitting around the fire smiling. I rolled my eyes, as they spoke about catching and eating frogs. "Disgusting." I muttered, Shane heard me and his smile instantly disappeared.

I was about to say something else when the sound of a car alarm blaring sliced through the quiet air. Immediately everyone got up and started panicking at the sudden sound, what would happen if the walkers heard. "Talk to me, Dale." Shane yelled, holding a shotgun. "Can't tell yet." Dale called out, not looking away with his binoculars pressed to his eyes.

The sound got louder as everyone looked around, wanting answers. "Is it them? Are they back?" Amy asked looking at Dale with hope in her eyes. "What is it?" she asked and this time she got an answer. "A stolen car is my guess." Dale said, which caused me to laugh. "No shit." I said, causing Dale to let out a confused chuckle. Everyone stood watching the only car trail to camp, confused and curious as the alarm continued.

A red Camaro drove up to the camp, I started walking forward. Was it Morales? Glenn? Andrea? Jacqui? T-Dog? Or Merle? Or was it a complete stranger trying to sabotage our safe refuge camp out of jealousy?

When the car finally came to a stop, all of us began to approach it. The door swung open and it was Glenn, with the biggest smile on his face. However, his goofy bubble was soon burst.
"Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off!" Dale yelled, trying to be heard over the loud blaring. Glenn shrugged with his hands in the air, "I don't know how!"

Amy and Shane were both yelling at him, I rushed towards his aid. Shane was yelling at Glenn, to pop the hood of the car, while Amy asked about her sister. "Amy, he'll answer your questions just give him a second!" I yelled over the blaring alarm, trying to hold her hand but my yelling fell on deaf years. "Yeah! Yeah! Okay!" Glenn yelled getting back in the car as I tried to calm down Amy. "Is she okay? Is she coming back!" Amy yelled, and as soon as Glenn got out the car he answered her. "She's okay!"

Amy continued to ask questions despite knowing she's okay. Jim stopped the alarm and we were flooded with only the sound of Amy's yelling. "Where is she? She's okay? Why isn't she with you?" Glenn stood by the car and faced everyone. "Yes! Yeah, fine. Everybody is. Well, Merle not so much." Glenn said squinting as the sun shone into his face. I wanted to hug him, because I was happy to know that my best friend was alive but he still had many questions to answer.

Shane was leaning on the red car, his head shifting between the engine and Glenn, "Are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every walker for miles?" Shane snapped, clearly pissed at Glenn for putting the safety of the group in jeopardy. "I think we're okay." Dale said trying to back him up but Shane only continued, "You call being stupid okay?"

Dale and Shane went into a little argument, I took that time to hug Glenn. He hugged me back and sighed. "I'm glad you're okay." was all I could say before he was being chewed out by the others. "Sorry," Glenn said sheepishly with his hand still on the open car door, "Got a cool car."

Everyone was watching him as we heard the soft sound of the engine, another car was approaching the trail. Everyone turned to look at it, excited that our group made it back to us. It was sweet seeing everyone hug, glad to be reunited with their family. Glenn tiredly leaned against the hood, I joined him as I watched everyone reunite.