Chapter 18

The drive back to the farmhouse was unbearable but as soon as the wheels came to a stop, I leaped out of the car. Walking past Carol and Dale, and past our campsite, I made my way to one side of the Greene's house to get as far away from Shane as I could. Breathing heavily, I felt the sting at the back of my eyes before my back collided with the side of the house before sinking down to the floor. My eyes darted over the open farm land as I tried to calm myself down.

With both hands on my chest I focused on the breathing techniques I used to do with my brother, I didn't have asthma but at least I could try calm down and slow down my breathing. My anger for Shane only grew, feeling that powerless around him, being afraid of him only caused my rage to grow more fiery. I sat beside the house, lost in my own thoughts, as ants and other kinds of insects would occasionally crawl on my hand or fly onto my knee.

When the sun slowly started to sink over the horizon, I knew it was time to get up and head back to the group. As I walked, I did what I always did, I watched. Towards the RV was Dale and Shane, Dale seemed angry with his wide eyes and shaking head. Shane's car was positioned differently. I assumed he left somewhere and came back before the sun sank, my heart lept as my body warned me. Even though he was far from me, my body told me to be careful.

Rick suddenly stormed out of his tent with a blue pill box in his hands. I had only been gone for one afternoon and it feels like so much had already happened, and I had no idea what. I assumes Daryl was sleeping, because I doubt he'd read the book Andrea tried to give him. He wasn't exactly the reading type. I couldn't see Lori, T-Dog or Glenn so they were probably doing some last minute chores before dinner.

A gentle breeze flew over me as I walked to Glenn's tent, I wanted to change into a shorter shirt because despite the sun going down, it was extremely hot. As I passed Daryl's tent, I saw his eyes were closed with the book on his chest, at least he tried to read the book. I smiled to myself and bent down in front of Glenn's tent, zipping it open. My best friend was laying on his sleeping back staring up, with his hands on his chest as if he were contemplating every life choice he has ever mad.

"Glenn? Are you okay?" I asked him softly as I zipped up the tent, it's not like we could have a private conversation if we spoke normally, our voices would just carry through the tent.

"I don't know. Do you think I'm bad at keeping secrets?" he asked me as I sat down on my own sleeping bag, I nodded.

"Yes, and you suck at lying. But it's not a totally bad thing, at least people always know you're being honest with them." I shrugged before pushing a hand through my hair before continuing to speak. "Why're you asking? Did you tell Rick about Lori?" I asked Glenn, which caused him to look at me.

"No, but I did find out something else, and told Dale. Then Maggie found out I told Dale, even though she asked me to keep it a secret. And now she is pissed at me, but she also kissed me after calling me walker bait, which is so confusing. And to top it all of I might be the reason Lori isn't pregnant anymore." Glenn rambled before taking a deep breath after he said all of the information he had bottled up inside.

For a moment I don't say a word because I was busy trying to process everything he had just said. Lori might not be pregnant anymore? Had Glenn ran to the pharmacy and gotten pills? Was that the blue pill box's I saw Rick holding? These questions ran through my mind as I sat in front of my best friend.

"Okay," I said slowly before taking a deep breath and continuing, "What did Maggie ask you not to say? And I mean you did tell someone, she has a right to be mad. And you aren't the reason, because that's Lori's choice. And even if she wasn't pregnant anymore and you gave her access to that choice, it was still her's to make. Not yours." I reassured my best friend, while also realizing how long I've been out of the loop from everyone else. Glenn sighed,