Prologue

~Flashback~
"I still can't believe Ziggy of all people would come to me for help. Let alone bring a child for me to raise."

Erik was sitting down on a rock as he looked at the boy sleeping in front of him

Erik was sitting down on a rock as he looked at the boy sleeping in front of him. He had wild red hair that was going spiky in the back but splits to two sides to cover his ears. However, two things stood out to him the most. The first being a large hoop necklace with a vial hanging from it. Though what truly shocked him was on the boy's chest.

"A barcode? No way......is this boy a survivor of the Lost Incident?!"

"U-uh...."

As Erik looked at the boy in front of him, he saw the boy waking up. Soon the boy opened up his eyes. When he stood up, he looked left and right as he was checking his surroundings. Soon his memories of the past events came rushing to his head as he screamed out.

"No...no!!!! Where is everyone?! Where am I?! Who are you?!"

"Easy there kid. I can explain at least a few of your questions. My name is Erik, you were brought to this planet by Ziggy for me to train/raise you. As for who Ziggy is, think of him as your Gramps, in a manner of speaking. So then.....what's on your mind kid?"

"I....I need to go home! There's some people waiting for me back there! I have to go see them!!!!!!"

"They're most likely dead."

The boy stood in silence. However, the moment he looked at the man, he began to cover his ears. It sounded like a crashing waterfall was nearby. Seeing the boy's reaction, Erik looked for the source of the boy's pain.

"That's weird. The only thing crashing down is the rai-....wait a minute. I can hear the sound of each individual droplets of rain crashing onto the ground. This boy, is his hearing so powerful that this sounds like a raging waterfall to him? A survivor of the Lost Incident and incredible hearing....if I train him will he be able to hear the one voice no one else has heard?"

Erik smiled as he picked up the boy and put him over his shoulder. Afterwards, Erik began to run towards a nearby cave. The moment he got inside, he placed the boy down as he began to sit down in front of him.

"It's so quiet in here."

"That it is. Let me tell you something kid. Ziggy told me to raise you up. Meanwhile, he's raising up your "brother" for lack of better words (in the sense that Ziggy found both of them). Though he believes you two might be able to find something."

"Find something?"

"Tell me. Have you ever heard of something called Mother?"

~Flashback ends~
"Nyan, nyan, Nyanmaru. He's everyone's friend. The gentle champion of the kitties."