Chapter 14

"A human?"

"Yes."

Hermit couldn't help but look at Yuuki in confusion. She detests humans, yet despite hearing his declaration, all she saw Yuuki as was a cute cat. Meanwhile, Yuuki was thinking to himself as he looked west.

"Shiki is definitely fighting. If I had to guess, he might be fighting that rumored mass murderer."

"Why are you here? I want nothing to deal with humans."

"Is that so? In that case, if you find me despicable, then you'll down right hate the noisy people who'll be here soon."

As Yuuki said this, he stretched his body as he was about to take a nap. Meanwhile, Hermit was curious about what he said. As she poked the back of his right ear, the feline looked at Hermit and saw the curious look on her face.

"What do you mean by what you said?"

"What's this? You're asking for answers from a human? I thought I was despicable."

"Just answer me!"

"........Edens Zero. That's the only hint you'll get from me. Though I will say one more thing. I'm not leaving from this spot unless you agree to come with me aboard Edens Zero. Besides, I feel like you and I have more in common than you think. I might understand you better than you think."

As Yuuki said this, he began to put his head down as he began to sleep. While this happened, Hermit simply looked away from him as she stares into the sky. Though the words the boy said still linger in her mind.

"Did he only say that just to make me feel a certain way and use me? Or.....does he truly mean every word that he said? Has he experienced something so similar that he can confidently claim that he understands me? Humans.....they really are a nuisance, in more ways than one.

~In Crysta~
"Damn, I hung them too high. I couldn't see their final moments clearly. Byahahahaha!!!"

Jamilov laughed as he saw his two victims perish as they were impaled by the spike on top of a building. As their bodies disappeared, everyone looked in horror as Shiki clenched his fists. Soon Shiki jumped from the building as he used his Ether Gear to cause himself to fall towards Jamilov.

"Magimech Attack-"

"You should try to think about who you're fighting. My Maria is getting hungry."

Just as Shiki got close to Jamilov, he noticed how the blade of his scythe changed into the head of a monster

Just as Shiki got close to Jamilov, he noticed how the blade of his scythe changed into the head of a monster. The moment Shiki tried to jump back, Maria already had his head in its mouth. After a few moments Shiki's body was sent crashing into a building. When he got up, his hair was back to its short length.

"That damn thing ate my hair!!!"

"Maria will devour anything. Now then...it's feeding time, Maria!"