Chapter 25

~Flashback~
"Yuuki, why did you save me back then?"

A few days have passed ever since Yuuki had saved her. Truth be told, Rui couldn't get the boy out of her mind. She kept wondering why the boy had saved her. After hearing about him through rumors from the other orphans in the project, she decided to confront him.

"No reason."

"E-eh."

"I didn't save you out of the kindness of my heart. I'm not a saint or some hero. But......."

"You're an amazing person...Yuuki!"

"If I let you die....I wouldn't be able to look my friend in the eyes again."

It was only one moment. For an instant, Rui could've sworn that she sadness in Yuuki's empty eyes. A person so strong, yet so vulnerable at the same time. It was this type of person that saved her. As she clenched her fists, she stood up as she pointed at Yuuki.

"Listen up, i'll grow stronger. In this place, we don't have time to worry about anything else, right? Just you watch, i'll grow so strong that you won't need to worry about me. I promise you that!"

".......you're really bad at comforting people. You make it sound like you hate me for saving you."

"W-wait. Did I really come off like that?!"

As Rui said this, she turned around as her face was a bright red as she used her hands to cover it. Meanwhile, she heard a small chuckle escape from Yuuki's lips.

"Though, I think i'm starting to take a liking to you. What's your name?"

"R-Rui...Rui Hachiouji."

"Well then Rui, let's both get stronger."

~Flashback ends~
"Zan-ei!!!"

The moment Yuuki jumped in the air, he quickly used his sound to propel him forward as he noticed something

The moment Yuuki jumped in the air, he quickly used his sound to propel him forward as he noticed something. The shadow of the building behind was cut. Shortly afterwards, the building was sliced in a clean cut just like the shadow.

"Zan-Ei, the Slashing Shadow, it lets Rui slash apart shadows. Not only that, the victim and its shadow mirror each other. Any damage done to it will be dealt to the owner. I'm fast enough to dodge her attacks, that's why she used a surprise attack when she first arrived. That was the only way to attack me with Zan-Ei.....but I can't save her just by being defensive."

As Yuuki thought to himself, he lands on the ground as he was dashing towards Rui with incredible speed. He needs to end this quickly and go after Hitomi. However, if he gets to serious, he might end up killing Rui.

"Sound Domination:Sonic Sew!"