Chapter 9

"A Chronophage?! Isn't that what ate Norma's time?! Is Guilst gonna go back 50 years too?"

"It's impossible to predict how many years will be eaten. The one thing I can say is that it can't be avoided."

This was a bad situation. Happy experienced being on a planet that had its time devoured, but never a Chronophage that was heading towards a planet. His worry for his friends just continued to increase.

"What about Rebecca and the others? What will happen to all of them?!"

"If the Chronophage were to eat 50 years, for example, anyone that wasn't on Guilst 50 years ago will be erased from the Cosmos. They will cease to exist. It will arrive at approximately 60 minutes. I will land the Edens Zero on Guilst. We will rescue the Demon King and his friends."

~With Yuuki~

"Forms of Water:Eternal Zero"

As Yukihina was using his Ether Gear, he began to emit a storm of ice that was freezing the entire floor that Yuuki and himself were on

As Yukihina was using his Ether Gear, he began to emit a storm of ice that was freezing the entire floor that Yuuki and himself were on. Even some of Illega's robotic guards, that showed up due to the commotion were frozen solid. Meanwhile, Yuuki immediately lunged at Yukihina with his speed being boosted by his Ether Gear. When he got close, Yuuki slammed his fist into Yukihina's face. Afterwards, Yuuki increased the power of his voice as he blasted that sound at Yukihina.

"Forms of Water:Ice Reflection."

Yukihina swiftly crafted a mirror made of ice right in front of himself. As Yuuki's sound connected with the mirror, it lasted fot a total of 10 seconds before completely shattering as the blast hit Yukihina, albeit in a weakened state.

"A mirror can reflect sound, though in a smaller ratio compared to when it reflects light. The mirror absorbed it because the energy from sound is mechanical in nature, translating from the air to the mirror much more readily than light, which is generally not absorbed at all. He not only defended himself for a moment but also weakened my own attack."

"Hmph. Is this all that the "most barbaric" Code:Breaker can do? If so, you'll never be able to save Makoto!"

Yuuki's eyes suddenly widen when he heard Yukihina's words. Save Makoto? Was his friend in some sort of danger? Did Yukihina not know where Makoto was? There were so many questions running through Yuuki's head.

"Yukihina....you say i'll never be able to save Makoto. Does that mean..you're trying to save Makoto?"

"......."

"So you won't tell me because you believe I can't save him? Fine then, if it means saving him....i'll gladly get serious against you. Though don't blame me if you're the one writhing in pain at the end of this."

~Meanwhile~
While Homura was standing alone inside of the church, she heard the sound of a gun being loaded. When she turned around, she saw Weisz holding a gun as he just shot a soldier that was getting back up and getting ready to shoot Homura.