Chapter 10

~Flashback~

"Everyone. We have a new companion here. Please give a warm welcome to our newest edition to our family, Yuuki-kun."

As the children of the orphanage heard from Lily, the caretaker, that there was a new kid staying, they all smiled as they decided to welcome him. When they entered the living room area, they saw a boy their age with red hair. He had on a dirty white shirt with red sleeves and black shorts. As they waited for him to introduce himself, the boy was slightly nervous.

"Nice to meet you..my name is Yuuki!"

The moment the boy said his name, everyone was blown backwards as their backs hit the wall. Yuuki tried to run over to them and help them up, but they all ran away. They were terrified of the power he couldn't control.

Seeing this, Yuuki decided to go outside and play. When he did, he saw a small field of flowers. His eyes lit up with glee as he complimented on how beautiful they were. However, the moment he opened his mouth again, a large wave of sound was being released by him as the other kids outside ran away.

"WAAH! Its the sound monster!"

"The noise pollution!"

"His sound wave will contaminate other living things! Run away!!!!"

"You deadly weapon!"

"He can't control it? We could be killed any second!"

"Get away, you evil....."

All the children ran away from Yuuki in a panic. While doing this, Yuuki noticed that they ran over the flowers that he was admiring. Seeing this, the boy sighed as he went inside of the orphanage. When he did, he quickly grabbed some wood and some markers. When he stepped back outside, he wrote on the piece of wood he got and made a sign that said, "Don't step on it" and placed it in front of the flower garden. Just as he was about to leave, he heard someone call out to him.

"You must be very worried about the flowers to say that. Not to mention you're strong too....you really are kind! Isn't that right, Yukihina?"

When Yuuki turned around, he saw two boys behind him. The one named Yukihina was just staring at Yuuki as he nodded his head. Meanwhile, Yuuki looked at the boy in front of him. He had blonde hair and wore a pair of circular shaped glassed. He had a white shirt on with black baggy pants as he held a book in one of his hands. As Yuuki saw the boy smiling, he began to speak.

"You....aren't afraid of me?"

"Why should I? You're an amazing guy? Plus Yukihina use to be treated the same way when he first arrived. I'm Makoto. And you're name is....."

"Yuuki."