chapter twenty two.

"Are you sure I don't look stupid?" I cringed, fixing the set of ears on my head.

Jett stood behind me, her fingers pulling higher on the material around my thighs, "Don't you fuckin' dare. You're a cute little bunny, who can resist that? Because I certainly cannot."

I frowned in the mirror we were both looking through, the door to my room completely open and the music from the spare room coming in loud and grainy. A whole three days had passed since Harry and I's outing. We hadn't spoken much— to my surprise— but I had also been extremely busy with work and I knew that he had too.

Jett had come home last night with a bag full of costumes for tonight's party and I definitely had no say in whatever she held between her hands. I watched her as she slinked out the lace material of the so called 'bunny' costume. I stared at it, then stared at it some more. Mostly because I couldn't decipher what pieces went where.

Apparently Leon's friend— whose party it was— felt the need to make every year a themed one. After my constant nagging to Jett asking her what kind of theme I needed to prepare for, she so kindly informed me that this friend gave no shits when it came to abiding by the rules and ultimately just wanted a bunch of dressed up hot people all in one room together.

The theme? There was none.

Though now, I ran my eyes down the length of my body, analysing myself in the mirror. I wasn't quite sure what a bunny costume would achieve in terms of a theme— because I told myself there had to be one— but I went along with it because I'd rather not beg anybody to drive me anywhere just so I could buy something else.

The white lace midi slip sat fittingly on my body, I still couldn't quite tell if it appeared slightly see through under some lights, but I paired it with a silk set underneath just incase it really was all on display. Around my neck was home to a white silk choker, a tiny bow gracing the front of it, as well as a headband with the cutest light pink ears I'd ever seen. I'd spent some time on my makeup, creating a matching light pink shadow with a dark brown liner. Because I felt particularly in the mood, I drew a red small love heart on the tip of my nose and coloured my lips with a coral shade.

"I'm taking your word for it." I told her, dipping on the edge of the bed to slip on my white stilettos. Jett swirled herself around, admiring her skin tight leather suit and small cat ears, "If anybody else shows up as catwoman tonight, I swear I'm going to flip it. You'll be ready to swing one with me, won't you Mabel?" Tilting my head, I stood up, standing a few inches taller with my heels. "Swing? You're asking me to hit someone? Hit someone if they wear the same thing as you?"

"That's exactly what I'm askin'. I'm catwoman every year because how could I not be? So the people should grasp that fact by now." She huffed, pouting her red lips and zipping her knee boots higher.

"Mabel won't do shit, she's too sweet of a thing." My eyes flew over to Evie who had waltzed into the room, her blood red devils costume covering almost nothing. "Tsk- so not true. I could if I really wanted to." I defended, even though deep down I knew she was probably right. Evie's stare drank me in, her lips parting slightly at the sight, "I've got to keep my eye on you tonight. The guys there are as trashy as they come and I refuse to let any of them have at you."

I screwed up my face, "Ew, you don't- that's not something you'll have to worry about because I don't plan to get with any of them."

"You still haven't filled me in on your little date the other day." Jett pointed, hands securing around her hips as I took in just how good she looked. "Oh god, it's nothing. It wasn't anything. It was just a quick little outing I'd rather not get into." I hushed, rolling my eyes as I threw any essential things I'd need throughout the night into my small purse.