chapter twenty seven.

Another day, another party. That's what it felt like.

I knew it definitely wasn't the life for me but I soldiered on because the summer would only last for so long. I could do this. I could play the part.

It had been an entire day since my eventful shower with Harry. The images played looped in my mind as if I'd lost the remote and would forever be hounded with the sight of what we'd done. I'd had work yesterday and that took the entire day away from me, I left in the morning, came back at night, and that was lost time I'd never get back. Waking this morning, I was surprised to find nobody home except me. But I welcomed the silence and revelled in it until it was time to head to the shop.

It was the first training session Dee had set up for me and the couple of hours had consisted of her explaining the basic ways around safety and all things related. It was surprisingly interesting for a topic so dry, and I made sure to ask loads of questions because god knows I couldn't be too shy for this job. And so my brain went over all the things she'd taught me, as she drove me home. Pulling into my street and pausing at the concerning amount of cars surrounding the house.

She'd sworn and mouthed off while my mind wasn't shocked one bit that we'd come home to a full blown party. It wasn't that late. I turned my head, looking at the red blocked letters shining from the cars mid section. "Nine o'clock and they're already in the midst of it? I don't know how you do it sweets." Dee gaped, shaking her head. I didn't know either. This would be the second time now that I'd come home to find the house partially trashed and when I wondered where on earth my parents would be on a night like this... I knew Evie had convinced them to spend their night elsewhere.

"Yeah," I breathlessly laughed, "neither do I." I fisted my hand around the strap of my bag and slowly pulled the lever to the door. "You're coming in. You know that right? I'm not walking in alone." I said half jokingly, half not. I needed someone with me, since Avery had declined on coming over again, even before I knew the state of my house would look like this... Dee was slowly becoming my person. She furrowed her brows and read my pleading eyes, "Fine. God, see this is the exact reason I only keep Harry close. I can't keep up with the rest of their shit. I'm crazy and I can't even live my life like they do." She whined as she slammed the car door.

I completely understood her. I didn't know how they did it, time and time again. I guess they were just all very social people. Clearly, I was not. And I was more than okay with that. Shutting the car door behind me, I yanked Dee's hand into my own as we both neared the front entrance. It was closed, thank god, and I pulled the small key from my bag and inserted it until it opened.

"We're gonna have to join the party, you know that?" She huffed in my ear, noticing that the living room we had stepped into was weirdly quiet and left alone. That was strange. I could hear the music pumping loudly from outside just a second ago. "Ugh, yeah. I know but, we'll just stick together." I compromised, trying to bring light to what we both wanted to opt out of.

We walked hand in hand throughout the house, my brows narrowing at the empty kitchen. A bright light then flashed through the back window and I rushed into the room with a gasp. "What? What is- oh god." Dee's voice faded out as my ears rang with annoyance. The large window leading to see the whole backyard was filled with bodies— something I shouldn't have been surprised at since the last party. Except this time, it was double the bodies. Double the mess. Double the fun— for them.

"A fucking pool party?" I scoffed, shaking my head. The ice blue water was filled with mingling limbs and I didn't want to know what else. Off to the side was a keg with people hovering around, and right beside the outside room sat a circle of mean looking rockstars who clearly hadn't noticed us yet.