Chapter 8

Robert drove Ruth back to her hotel; they pulled up to the front of the hotel, Robert climbed out of the car and opened the car door waiting for Ruth to climb out. As she was climbing out of the vehicle, she turned to Robert and said, " Robert I had a lot of fun today. Well, almost falling off of an overlook wasn't fun but I had a wonderful time exploring the zoo with you. I hope we can do it again sometime, seeing as we didn't get to see the entire zoo in one day."  Robert smiled at her and thought to himself as she spoke, 'I'm glad she had a good time and I'm glad that she wants to explore the zoo more with me. Wait, what did she just say?' Robert looked at her, thought about what she just said, and then replied, "I'm glad you enjoyed it, especially since you got to have your first ride on a motorbike today as well as getting to see some of the zoo. I'm sorry that we didn't have more time to see the entire zoo today but like you said hopefully, we can plan on a day that you can come back to the zoo and we can finish the tour." Ruth smiled at him, then she decided to get a little bit more revenge on Robert for making her blush earlier. While she was thinking about what to do to get even with him, Robert turned away from looking at her because something had caught his eye.  A man had been looking over at them and had been staring quite a while at Ruth. Robert became very uneasy with the man staring at Ruth for so long, and he wasn't even watching what Ruth was doing. Ruth had made her decision to give him a kiss on his cheek. She noticed that he had turned away from watching her, that's when she took the opportunity to lean up and kiss him. As soon as she kissed him, Robert immediately became very flustered but he also looked at the man. The man had turned away, thinking that Robert and Ruth were together. Which Robert was okay with, he had a feeling arise within him that he had never felt before. It was a feeling of protectiveness, he didn't want anyone to come near Ruth for the fear of something happening to her. Robert continued to look at the man, he knew that man was still watching Ruth, he wanted that man to stop staring at her, so Robert did something about the staring. He decided to make the man think that he and Ruth really were together. Robert put his arm around Ruth's waist and he pulled her close to him. Ruth looked up at him with a flushed face and said, "Robert, I didn't expect you to respond this way to a kiss on the cheek." Robert looked at her quickly, smiled while looking at her, and then he bent down and whispered in her ear. "Ruth?" When he bent down to whisper in her ear, Ruth closed her eyes, and she responded with a hum like sound, "Hmm?" Robert heard her hum close to his ear and he loved it.  He finished whispering what he was going to tell her, "There is a man standing behind you and he's watching your every move. Whatever you do, don't panic. I'm watching him but I think I should stay with you for a while. I'm also going to walk you to your room and I'm going to make sure that he isn't going to follow you." Ruth pulled away from Robert slowly and she nodded to what he said. Robert grabbed her hand and walked her into the hotel. She led him up to her room. As soon as they entered, Robert closed the door behind him, and looked out of the peep hole in the door. He saw the man standing outside the door on the opposite side of the hall. Robert was pulled back from the door by Ruth, she looked at him with a worried look on her face, she whispered to him, " Is he still out there?" Robert nodded his head.

* Hey everyone, sorry there hasn't been an update in quite a while.  I have been extremely busy with all my school work.  I am trying really hard to get done with my school so that I'm able to graduate in 2022, hopefully.  Thank you all so much for reading my story.  Bye.