Chapter 40

{One year later}

     Ruth was getting the children ready to go for a celebration at the zoo

     Ruth was getting the children ready to go for a celebration at the zoo.  She had just finished getting Steven and Rebecca dressed in their khaki outfits, when Robert walked in carrying their second daughter, Eliza Mae Irwin, who was only about 6 months old.  Eliza began to cry for her mother, so Ruth took Eliza and asked, "Robert, could you give Steven and Rebecca some fruit snacks, since I promised to give them some once they were fully dressed?"  Robert replied, "Yeah, I can do that.  By the way, how long will it take you to get ready?"  Ruth smiled at her husband, then replied, "It should only take me 5 minutes to throw my dress on, but I have to throw my hair up too."  Robert chuckled, walked over to her, then replied after kissing her forehead, "It'll take 5 to put on your dress and at least 10 to 15 minutes for your hair and whatever else you'll need to do.  So I'll have the kids in the car in 20 minutes and have you some coffee."  Ruth held his hand, and said as he began to walk away, "I love you, you know that?"  He replied with a smirk, "I know ya do, we wouldn't have three kids if ya didn't."  Ruth threw a bouncy ball at him as a joke, he dodged it, then headed out into the kitchen to get Steven and Rebecca some fruit snacks.  After everyone was in the car, they headed to the zoo, and once there, Ruth grabbed Eliza and held Steven's hand, while Robert picked up Rebecca and carried in a gift for Bindi.  It was a celebration for Bindi's birthday, and Ruth had picked up some new perfume and Robert had done up a special photo that Bindi liked that he had taken of the family.

     The celebration went amazingly, everyone celebrated Bindi and then at the end of the day, Terri asked if she could take all the grandkids for the weekend.  Robert and Ruth agreed to let Steven and Rebecca go, but they had to keep Eliza close to her due to Eliza was still nursing.  So Steven and Rebecca went with their grandmum, as well as Grace went too.  Robert and Ruth headed home with Eliza, luckily, Eliza fell asleep on the car ride home.  Once they arrived back at the house, Robert carried Eliza in and laid her in her crib while Ruth went to change into her night clothes.  It had become the couple's routine to go for a short walk before bed, but that was when all the kids were home, tonight it was just Eliza.  Robert went to the kitchen and made some hot chocolate for himself and Ruth.  She came out to the livingroom in a sweat skirt with leggings and a tee shirt on.  She had her Bible with her too.  She was sitting on the couch, when Robert walked over with the hot chocolate.  She gratefully accepted the cup, and they began their nighty Bible study together.  They held hands as they read and prayed.  They then talked about how hard it was to believe they had been married for 7 years now, and that they were both about 25 and 26, Steven was 5 and Rebecca was 1.  It seemed like only yesterday when Steven was born and then rebecca, and now Eliza.  Robert put his arm around Ruth's shoulders, she leaned her head on his, then they continued to bask in the thoughts of what tomorrow held for them and the future.  Ruth looked at her husband and thought, 'God, if it hadn't been for you guiding my steps, I probably wouldn't be a married woman with three children right now.'  They both knew that they had made tough decisions along their journey of 7 years, but it was well worth it. And they knew, as long as they kept God 1st, each other 2nd, family 3rd, and themselves last, they were set for a wonderful life together.

*Hey everyone, here's an extra song that I love, that a friend of mine showed me once.    This is the last chapter, which means this book will now be marked as completed.  There are no words to explain how grateful I am for all of you who have read this book and who will in the future.   The reason this song is here, is because I believe it.  I feel there is 'Change On The Rise' for this world, and for me writing more stories.  Just a reminder, God made you special and he loves you very much.  The only thing left to say is, "Thank y'all so much for reading!! - GodLover