Chapter 26

The next morning, Ruth got a call from her mother.  Ruth was half asleep but she was awake enough to tell that her mother was rather upset.  Ruth's mom reminded her that she was coming home today.  Ruth got off the phone with her mother after 10 to 15 minutes.  She got up, made the bed, and got dressed.  She layed back down on the bed and continued laying on the bed for a bit.  Her flight back to America wasn't till 1 so she had a while before she had to pack and go. Robert was awake and he knew what day it was.  He walked out of his room, down the hall and stopped at Ruth's door.  Robert knocked on the door and asked, "Ruth, ya awake? Can I come in?"  Ruth replied, "Yes."  Robert opened the door, shut it behind him, then walked over to the bed.  He sat at the foot of the bed and looked at Ruth as she laid there on top of the covers with her eyes closed.  Robert spoke, "I was wondering...If, instead of going back to America, you'd stay here in Australia with us?"  Ruth sat straight up, looked Robert in the eyes and then replied, "I can't.  I need to go back home to my family.  Why do you guys want me to stay?  I'm not a part of your family.  I don't belong here."  Robert looked down for a second gathering his thoughts, then he looked back up at Ruth.  He answered, "I want ya to stay because I want to spend more time with ya.  Over the last 2 weeks, I've gotten used to ya and to see ya leave wouldn't be fun. Don't say ya don't belong here because ya do.  Mum loves ya, Bindi enjoys your company, Chandler loves your stories, and Grace loves ya.  She'd love it if ya stayed too. And I-"  Ruth cut in when he went silent, "Is there any other reason for me to stay?"  Ruth was, at that point, out of bed, and packing her suitcase.  Robert stood up, walked over to her, pulled her into a hug, and whispered, "I don't want ya to go cause I'll be losing a friend and-."  Robert stopped to try and find the words.  Ruth nudged, "And?"  Robert continued, "I...I'm... I'm in love with ya Ruth."  Ruth was so shocked she couldn't breathe.  Robert let go of her to see her in shock.  He snapped his fingers and she came back to reality.  Robert gave her a soft smile.  Ruth turned around and said, "I can't just give up my life back home for a friendship or a relationship that we could keep going over a long distance."  Robert looked at Ruth's back for a second then he had a thought. "Ruth?," He asked.  She turned around to find Robert on one knee.  He said, "I know this is sudden, and I don't have a ring or anything, but my feelings for ya won't allow me to let ya leave and go back.  So...Ruth, will you marry me and stay here in Australia with me?"  Ruth started to cry, she wiped away happy tears and she simply nodded her head hysterically.  Robert rose up from the floor.  He wrapped his arms around Ruth and they embraced each other in a tight hug. She was still crying tears of joy.  Bindi, Terri, and Chandler had gotten up and heard noise coming from Ruth's room.  They knocked on the door then opened it when Ruth said, "Come in." They saw Robert and Ruth hugging.  Terri asked, "What's going on here?"  Robert replied happily, "I just asked Ruth to marry me and stay here in Australia with us!"  Terri, Bindi, and Chandler smiled and ran to Robert and Ruth.  They all hugged.  Terri said, "Ruth, Welcome to the family.  I'm so happy that Robert is gonna be settling down."  Ruth called the airport and canceled her flight back to America.  They all went down to the livingroom and discussed plans for the wedding and for where Robert and Ruth would live.  Ruth was so happy in the moment that she didn't remember her phone was upstairs.  Her mother was calling her over and over and over again.  Ruth's mother started to get very worried that something had happened to her daughter.

Hey everybody,  I am planning on doing multiple chapters after this one, of the trials Robert and Ruth will face being a newly married young couple.  As well as them having children and many more adventures.  I'm currently working on a story about  Benji Krol and I'm not posting it yet but it will be out soon.  Thanks so much for reading! - GodLover