Chapter 31

Ruth woke up clutching her heart. Her breathing was very labored as she had awakened due to a bad dream.  It was now 4 days to go till the big day.  Ruth had slept very well considering that she was starting to get very stressed over the plans for setting up the zoo for the wedding.  She looked at the clock, it was 6 in the morning, so she got out of bed and went down to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.  She walked back up the stairs, entered her room, when Robert appeared out of nowhere.  She almost screamed when she saw him sitting on the edge of her bed.  He smiled and asked, "Hey, sorry if I scared ya. I was wondering if ya wanted to go with me to the zoo and we can discuss where we want the ceremony."  Ruth nodded with her mouth full of coffee, she swallowed and then said, "I'll get ready asap."  Robert nodded and went to get his shoes.  He went down stairs and put his shoes on before going out to get the car.  Ruth was ready to head out the door and she grabbed her thermice and dumped the rest of her coffee in it.  She walked out the door, Robert pulled the car over by the front door and he helped Ruth get in the car, shutting the door as quietly as he could.

     At the zoo, the sun was up and Robert asked, "Do ya want to ride my motorbike with me, while we go through the zoo, to look at different spots for the ceremony?"  She agreed, and he went to get the motorbike.  She waited while sipping on her coffee and he zipped around a corner, stopped in front of her, and handed her a helmet.  She climbed on behind him and they were off to the Crocuseum.  Once there, they climbed off the bike and Robert mentioned Chandler's idea.  Ruth replied, "I like that idea, but what spots did you have in mind?"  He smiled as they remounted the motorbike.  They went to several other locations in the zoo, until Ruth had a suggestion for the ceremony.  "What are your thoughts on having the ceremony in the Photogallery?" she asked with curiosity in her voice.  Robert thought for a minute, smiled, agreed, and they went to the gallery to see how they'd set it up.  They then discussed where they'd have their small reception after the wedding.  Robert suggested they have it at the house, in the backyard.  Ruth loved that idea, seeing as there weren't gonna be a whole bunch of people at the wedding anyway.  After they had finished looking in the Photogallery, they went to put the motorbike away, and they headed to the car.  Ruth thought they were going back to the house but, to her surprise, they went to a different location.  They stopped outfront of City Hall.  She was a bit confused, then she remembered they had to have a marriage license filled out before the wedding.  They both walked in and went to purchase a marriage license.  They filled it out and had the date written as June 15th, the day of the wedding, and they signed their names.  The clerk gave them a copy and they were all set for the wedding as far as the law was concerned.  They got back in the car and drove back to town.  Ruth again was puzzled as to why they weren't going back to the house.  Robert stopped the car, he helped Ruth out, and they walked into a jewelry store.  Ruth and Robert went in to look at rings.  Robert suggested a diamond ring that was worth eight-thousand USD (it was over twelve-thousand AUD).  Ruth said, "No way am I having you spend that much on a ring for me.  Let's look at simple, plain wedding bands."  Robert asked her with a bit of surprise in his voice, "You don't want a diamond ring? I thought most women wanted diamond rings for their weddings?"  Ruth shook her head and said, "Not this girl.  I prefer something simple, so that I can wear it everyday without taking it off, without worrying it'll get lost, or damaged."  Robert smiled at her.  They told the sales clerk, who helped them get their correct ring size, the type of rings they were looking for.  The sales clerk got them what they wanted, they tried on a couple different rings, and they both chose one, then they paid about three-hundred US dollars (it was over four-hundred and fifty AUD) for the rings.  They thanked the sales clerk and walked out to the car.  They finally drove back to the house, and they walked in to find Ruth's mom and sisters visiting with Robert's mom, Bindi, Chandler, and Grace was on the floor playing with her toys.  Robert went to his room with the rings and Ruth went to her room to put away her purse.  The day eventually came to an end and Ruth's family headed to the nearby Hotel.  Ruth slept peacefully knowing they had got a lot of planning and collecting of items done that day.

Hey everyone, I have been really focased on getting this story done now since I've had some time off.  I'm gonna try to get this story done within the next few weeks and hopefully we'll have this book done by Spring.  I can't Thank ya'll enough.  Thanks so much for reading! - GodLover