Chapter 21

Ruth starred off at the beautiful surroundings of the Irwin family home.  She could hardly believe that she was staying with the Irwin family.  Not many people could boast about that, but she planned not to tell a soul she was or had been staying with the Irwins.  Bindi came out on the porch to see Ruth staring off in the distance as if she was in a trance of some sort.  Bindi walked over to Ruth and lightly tapped her on the shoulder.  Ruth jumped slightly but calmed when she turned and saw Bindi.  Ruth sighed, looked at Bindi for a second, then turned her eyes back to the horizon. Bindi asked Ruth in a concerned tone, "Ruth, what's wrong? I can tell by the look in your eyes and by that sigh that something's wrong."  Ruth replied, "I find it hard to believe that I'll be going back home in five days.  My time here has flown by so quickly that I can hardly believe it's almost over already."  Bindi looked at Ruth taking a drink from her cup and smiled.  "I know.  For us, it seems like only yesterday Robert introduced you to us, even though it was last week.  By the way, did you know you're the only girl that Robert has ever shown any interest in?"  Bindi said and asked in a very inquisitive tone.  Ruth's eyes widened tremendously, and she almost spit out her drink when Bindi said that.  Ruth looked at Bindi, and Bindi could see a lot of emotion rushing through Ruth's eyes; happiness, shock, bashfulness, and curiosity. Meanwhile at the Zoo, things were in working order.  Or at least they seemed to be.  Robert was in the middle of doing a follow up with an animal at the animal hospital, Terri was busy doing work in the office, and Chandler was leading a tour around the zoo.  Terri looked at the clock to see how much longer before the Croc Show in The Crocoseum.  There was an hour before the show but she called Chandler and Robert so they could get ready.  They got to the back of the Crocoseum to get wired up with microphones and cameras.  Chandler texted Bindi and said, "Hey Honey, we're getting geared up for the show.  Are you, Ruth, and Grace coming to see the show?"  Bindi's phone buzzed.  She picked it up off the table in between the two rocking chairs that she and Ruth were sitting in.  She replied, "Hey Babe, okay.  Did you want us to come see the show?"  Chandler texted back, "It's up to you guys if you want to come or not, but I just thought I'd mention it.  Love ya Honey, gtg."  She sent him an "Okay. Be careful," and she put her phone back down on the table to finish relaxing with Ruth.  But their time was interrupted when Bindi heard Grace crying for her.  Bindi walked inside to check on her.  Ruth had her eyes closed while she listened to the chirping of the crickets in the yard.  While Ruth was relaxing to the sound of the crickets, her mind went back to what Bindi had said earlier, "By the way, did you know you're the only girl that Robert has ever shown any interest in?"  It ran through her head every few minutes.  Then Robert popped into her mind.  Robert was standing by the door ready to run out to start the show.  His mind was trying to focus on the show they were getting ready to do, but his mind was elsewhere.  Chandler took a look over at Robert.  He knew that Robert was gonna have a hard time doing the show because he was thinking about Ruth.  Chandler smiled, nudged Robert on the shoulder, and nodded toward the arena.  The music started; Terri, Chandler, and Robert ran out to the middle of the Crocoseum green.  They started their show and it was going great in the beginning.  They had just started their croc show with Scrappa, when Robert sat down on the ground in front of Scrappa and he went to lay down for just a second when Scrappa moved a lot quicker than normal.  Scrappa was quick to run over to Robert and grab Robert's shirt in his mouth, along with the camera that was attached.  Robert barely moved because of how strong Scrappa was but he tried to get loose, and in doing so made Scrappa very mad.  Scrappa started to rip Robert's shirt as he started pulling Robert into the water.

*Hey Everyone, I know it's been a while.  I know I have been gone for a long time but I'm kinda back in action.  I just finished writing this chapter at midnight and I hope your all excited about what's gonna happen in Chapter 22.  I have been sick lately and I lost my voice (which really sucks btw).   I'm doing a little bit of a survey.  Here's my questions.  If I wrote another story, Would you read it and who would you read about?  Do you like it when I leave you in suspense or would you like there to be no suspense?  Let me know in the comments if you would or wouldn't and who.  I wanted to say "Thank you" to all of you for over 3,000 reads! This is such a milestone for me.   "Thank you" so much to my readers all over the world. - GodLover