Chapter 12

It wasn't too long before Robert and Ruth were pulling into the driveway of his family's home. He parked, turned the car off, and looked over at Ruth. She was looking out the car window at the house. She was kinda afraid that they wouldn't like her as a person. She knew that her and Robert weren't dating, so really she had no reason to meet his family. Robert smiled while she was looking at the house. He leaned over to whisper in her ear, and told her, "Hey, don't worry they'll like you. I mean it's not like they're going to hate you for being my friend." When she heard him call her his friend, it made her happy that she was considered his friend. But for some odd reason, it kinda hurt her because she didn't want to be called a friend. She felt like she wanted to be by his side forever. Ruth was brought out of her thoughts when Robert opened his door. She was getting ready to open her door when he beat her to it. She told him over and over again that he didn't have to keep opening her door but he told her, "I enjoy opening doors for the women in my life. I open doors for my mum, Bindi, and Grace. I'm used to being a gentleman, so don't think I'm gonna stop being one." He had said all that with a smirk on his face. She smiled at all he said, finally agreed, and accepted it. They walked up the sidewalk to the front door. She took a deep breath as he opened the door for her again. She walked in, looked around, and there was Robert's family sitting down on the couch. They had just finished getting dressed for the day. She noticed that they all had books in their hands.  She looked closer and realized that it was the Bible (not sure if they're christians or not). She watched as Robert walked in after her. His family smiled when they saw him enter the house. Ruth walked behind Robert at first because she didn't know what they were gonna do. She watched as Robert and his family talked back and forth, "Hey guys!" They replied, "Hey!" Robert's mom, Terri, walked over to her son and asked in a polite tone, "So, is this the friend you were talking about?" He smiled, stepped aside so he could introduce Ruth to his family, "Yep, this is her." Terri smiled at Ruth and said, "Welcome to our home, Robert hasn't told us about you before, so we don't know anything about you dear. What's your name?" Ruth muttered out her name, "R-Ruth." At this point, Bindi and Chandler decided to join in the conversation. Bindi said, "That's a lovely name." "A Bible name," Chandler added into the conversation. Ruth nodded, she then looked at where Robert had been standing but he wasn't there anymore. She slowly started to panic internally. She looked all around the room but he was nowhere to be seen. Terri caught on to Ruth's discomfort, she put her arm around Ruth's shoulders,she led Ruth to the couch, and told her, "I think Robert went to get his shower and freshen up a bit." As Ruth sat down on the couch she sighed a sigh of relief. She looked at the Bibles they had left open on the coffee table in front of the couch. It was in English, the exact same as the Bible she had back at her home in Ohio. She looked up as Chandler asked, "So, where are you from?" Ruth looked at him and answered by saying, "I come from a small town in Ohio. It's so small that not many people have heard of it." "Really? What's the name of the town?" Bindi added. Ruth then shifted her gaze to Bindi and answered her in a more comfortable tone, "Wellsville, Ohio. I like living in Ohio, but it has it's down sides as well as it's good sides." Terri piped into the conversation because she wanted to know more about Ruth, "What are some of the good things about living in Ohio?" "Well, we have a lot of attractions in Ohio, but what I love most about living in the area that my family and I live in, is that there is the Ohio River and quite a few lakes nearby. My dad and I love to fish. We went fishing one time and caught, I think about sixty fish from a lake that is close to us. That was about thirty fish a piece, which is the limit for the lake near us."  "Wow!" Chandler said. Meanwhile, Robert had gotten a shower, changed his clothes, put on a pair of his khakis, with a short sleeve blue shirt on, and had decided to leave his hair a bit messy, since he had just washed it in the shower. He came back to the living room to find Grace sitting on the floor playing with one of the dogs. He started to wonder where the others had gone and why Bindi just left Grace alone in the living room. He heard voices in the kitchen, so he picked up Grace, and then started walking towards the kitchen. He entered the kitchen and saw that Terri, Bindi, Chandler, and Ruth were sitting down getting ready to have some coffee. He smiled when he saw Ruth sitting next to Bindi. He had a thought pop into his head, 'Man, she looks like she's a part of the family'. Robert snapped out of his thoughts when Bindi said, "Robert, you don't have to hold Grace, she can sit in the living room and play with her toys." He responded, "Aw, it's okay, I don't mind and she looked a little lonely in there all by herself." Bindi smiled, she knew how much Robert loved to be with Grace. She then looked at Ruth and asked, "Ruth, would you like to hold Grace? You've been staring at her most of the time you've been here." Ruth smiled, and replied, "May I? I love kids, I have quite a few little cousins back home and Grace reminds me so much of them." Bindi smiled and nodded her head. Robert brought Grace over to Ruth and he was explaining how to hold a baby. Bindi laughed a little at her brother and told him, "Robert, I think that if she has younger cousins, she should know how to hold a baby." Robert started to blush. They all started laughing together and Ruth never wanted these fun times with the Irwins to end. Sadly, she knew that before long she would have to go home and when she did, everything would come to an end.

*Hey everybody, I just wanted to say, THANK YOU all so much for all the reads so far.  I have been seeing how many people are reading my story and I'm so Grateful for over 400 reads.  It hasn't been to long ago since I started this Story and it has come such a long way already.  THANKS again everyone! - GodLover