Chapter 33

Ruth awoke with her heart racing.  She had another nightmare.  In this nightmare, Ruth's father showed up at the wedding and he stopped it by objecting to the marriage.  She couldn't believe her father would ever do such a thing.  She knew that she was only 18, but she was legally an adult, and she was done having him run her life.  She was awake at this point, so she quietly snuck downstairs and made more coffee but this time iced.  She snuck back upstairs, went into her room, looked at the clock which read 5am, and she checked her phone.  She had a few new text messages from her cousins and friend.  She read the text from her friend, Amanda (a friend from her Church back in Ohio), and in her text she said, "Hey Gurl, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to be in for your wedding on the 15th.  I asked a few of the guys if they wanted to come and I asked Pastor Mike too (the guys were friends from Church too).  Pastor Mike, Tommy, and Andrew said they'd come, but the twins said they had to work.  We'll see you tomorrow afternoon or early evening.  TTYL GURL!!"  Ruth read a text from her cousins in Tennessee and it read, "Hey Ruth, we plan to be there tomorrow.  We have our hotel booked for a two night stay and then we'll be heading to the airport right after your wedding and the reception.  Lena is planning to come too.  She was visiting when you texted all of us about it, so she is gonna fly with us from Nashville, then we should be there by tomorrow night.  Can't wait to celebrate with you and your soon to be hubby.  Love ya Cous! Ttyl..."  Ruth replied to Amanda's message first and said, "Hey Frank (Amanda's joke name), I'm glad y'all are coming, I can hardly wait to see you guys.  I'll try to meet you guys at the airport if possible.  Ttyl..."  She then responded to her cousins in Tennessee, "Hey Girl, okay...Let me know when you'll be getting in and I'll try to meet y'all.  I'm glad that Lena is coming too! It'll be nice to see you guys again.  Love you guys too. Ttyl..."

     Ruth finished texting her cousins and friend, by this time it was 5:30am, then she sat on her bed and read her Bible.  She began to pray, after reading some chapters in the gospels, for the safety of her family and friends as they traveled in for the wedding.  She had just finished praying when there was a light knock on her door.  She told the person to come in, it was Bindi.  Bindi sat by her and asked, "Ruth, I was wondering if you would wanna go into town with my mum and we could meet your mum and sisters for a spa day.  If you're up for it?"  Ruth smiled from ear to ear and replied, "I would love that Bindi.  I've never had any spa treatments before, neither have my sisters."  Bindi smiled as she went to get ready to go.  Ruth looked at the clock again, it read 6:15, then she scrambled to get ready and she was downstairs ready to go in a flash.  Bindi told Chandler her plan and he volunteered to take care of Grace for the day.  Bindi kissed her husband 'goodbye', then she walked down the hall to the steps.  Bindi was putting on her shoes when Terri came down the stairs and asked, "You two ready to go?"  Bindi and Ruth replied, "Yep," then they all walked out the front door and went to the car.  They drove into town and met Ruth's mom and sisters outside the hotel.  They climbed in, then drove to the Salon.  At the Salon, Ruth showed her idea to the nail tech, after they had their beauty treatments, and the tech nodded.  They all had their nails done, and Ruth's sisters didn't want beauty treatments.

     Meanwhile, Robert and Chandler were hanging at the house, doing their best to please Grace.  She was throwing a tantrum due to not being able to go with her mom.  They put on a 'Bluey' for her and she hushed right away.  Grace watched the show for hours and whenever Chandler wanted to put on sports, Grace would cry again.  Robert finally asked Grace, "Grace, do ya wanna help me to walk the dogs?"  Grace jumped up and down nodding and saying, "Yes, yes, yes." Chandler shut off the tv, got Grace's shoes on, then Robert took her and the dogs outside.  Chandler went to get his coat, then he followed them out the door, and they were off with the dogs.  The spa day was coming to an end, Ruth's mom and sisters were getting tired, so they said their 'goodbyes.'  Ruth, Bindi, and Terri headed back toward the house, the spa day definitely took almost all day.  Bindi asked, "Have you written your vows yet and how much is there to get set up for the wedding?"  Ruth nodded and replied, "Yeah, I wrote them out the other night before bed. We need to set up the Photogallery for the ceremony and the backyard for the reception."  Bindi and Terri nodded 'okay' in response.  They arrived back at the house, turned the car off, then walked inside.  Robert and Chandler were now in the backyard playing with Grace and the dogs.  They had leftover pizza for supper, then they all headed to bed fairly early because they had a long day of decorating tomorrow.  As Ruth went to sleep, she thought, "Only one more day of being single, and then the wedding will be the day after tomorrow."

*Hey everyone, I know the timeline might seem off, but it will pan out good in the end.  I'm really trying to get this story done asap and, since I kept being so busy, it has taken a little under two years from when I started this story.  Thanks for reading! - GodLover